Dark camera

butlerlt

I have a samsung galaxy on5. I have noticed that my regular camera and snapchat camera are not very good. Unless I am outside in daylight, the camera barely shows anything, like I am in a pitch dark room. But on Houseparty, my camera is just fine. How do I fix this? Thanks

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Dark camera

That doesn't sound right, butlerlt! There are two different reasons this may be happening. It may be the phone or an app on the phone could be affecting the camera. When did this start? Can you try booting your phone up in Safe Mode? Here are the steps to do so: Safe mode: Samsung Galaxy On5 .

Please let me know how it goes!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Hey there butlerlt !

Is your camera working better? Please take a look at Amanda's post and give that a shot. Let us know the results after testing that out. Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

Howdy, butlerlt! Just wanted to check in here again and see how things are going with your camera. Any improvement in Safe Mode?

- Marissa

• butlerlt

When I tried safe mode, the camera was better, but I was unable to access any of my apps, which kind of defeats the purpose of getting the camera brighter.

• tmo_amanda

That's good news that it worked while in Safe Mode, butlerlt! What this tells us is that the phone is not the issue, but instead an app is. Now that figured that out, here's the tricky part - you'll need to uninstall apps that utilize the camera to narrow down which app it is after rebooting it in normal mode vs safe mode.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • tmo_chris

Hey there! Were you able to determine which app was casing the issues?

• tmo_marissa

Hiya, butlerlt! We haven't heard back from you in a bit and just wanted to make sure you had a chance to read over Amanda's last reply. Were you able to use the process of elimination to determine which app wasn't playing nicely with your phone's camera? How are things going now?