Trying to connect 2 T-Mobile phones via Bluetooth

magenta3037466

Hello. I am trying to connect 2 T-Mobile phones via Bluetooth. One phone is an SGH-T139, and the other phone is a Nokia 6133. These are older-model phones, but they both have Bluetooth.

First, on the Nokia, I turned on the Bluetooth, and I made the Nokia "visible" to other Bluetooth devices. Next, on the SGH-T139, I turned on the Bluetooth. The SGH-T139 does not have a switch to make the phone "visible" to other Bluetooth devices.

Well, these devices could not find each other, even though I was holding them inches apart from each other.

So, what's going on?

Please advise.

Thank you.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Bluetooth is an "iffy" technology. There are lots of layers, options and "profiles" that have to line up. For instance, two Bluetooth headphones are both Bluetooth but they won't connect to each other. They don't have the appropriate profiles to act as anything but a headset. I run into this issue frequently when trying to share photos between Androids and iPhones. You would think that you could just connect them via Bluetooth and transfer the photos, but no, I have not been able to get it to work. I end up sending the photos as e-mails or MMS. In short, if it doesn't work, it may not be supposed to work.