LTE unusably slow in San Diego

jack612

I've been noticing that trying to do anything on the internet on my phone without wifi has been pretty terrible, so I've been running speed tests both at my office near downtown San Diego and my house in the eastern part of the city over the past few days. The speeds are absolutely terrible.

Here's the most recent one:

Screenshot_20171027-140556.png

And here's all of them:

Screenshot_20171027-140730.png

I'm using a Google Pixel 2 XL on the unlimited T-Mobile One plan.

Are you guys aware of this and if so, are you planning on fixing it?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: LTE unusably slow in San Diego

I checked out this general area for you and I'm surprised you're having trouble with the speed. How long has it been like this? Is it only when you're connected to LTE? You could try to switching to 4G (if possible) to see if you get a faster connection. That'll help is isolate a particular network connection. I'm also curious if you've tried testing the speeds anywhere else other than downtown. If this is happening everywhere you go, you could try removing and re-entering the APN settings, restarting the device, then testing out the data again. Please let us know if you still need help after that. Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • drnewcomb2

It almost looks like the phone is stuck on band-12. Can you install and run "LTE Discovery" to see what it shows?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just checking in to see how things are going -- did you have a chance to read over MC's suggestion, or check out the app that drnewcomb2 recommended? If you're still having trouble with your LTE speeds, please give us a shout! We'd love to grab a few more details!

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Hi!

Just stopping by to ask, have you taken a look at the suggestions above? Please give us a holler back and let us know how things are going. Thanks!

• barbosa31

I have issues in the San Diego/ Chula Vista area. I don't have a problem getting 4g lte, but a lot of the time it loads so slow it's pointless