Oreo Availability

Have 1 month old Moto Z2 Force on Android 7.1.1.  When will TMO release Oreo?  My brother has it on his Verizon Pixel thru OTA upgrade.  Significant improvement in battery life.

All replies

• snn555

Re: Oreo Availability

• snn555

Of course watching the product page on Motorola own website will let you know if the device is actually being worked on or not. Later on you can check the TMobile pages to see where T-Mobile progress is in the scheme of things. However it starts with Motorola and I would doubt you would see any information on T-Mobile's support page before you would see anything on Motorola's.

• sunnyking

Verizon moto z2 force already has Android 8 update rolling out OTA; how about our T-mobile variant? will us have it before 2018 ?

• snn555

Please re read my replies.

• tidbits

sunnyking wrote:

Verizon moto z2 force already has Android 8 update rolling out OTA; how about our T-mobile variant? will us have it before 2018 ?

It will be in 2018.  Motorola just started setting up beta for 8.0 today.  Verizon had their beta finished about a week ago, but I don't remember when they started it.  Chances are expect it January sometime unless something major happens.  You didn't hear it from me

• dmdukes

That is what I am wondering too.  Verizon Moto Z2 force has the Oreo  now... how about Tmo? From what I understand and have seen for the most part, all the other carriers get updates and security updates out to it's users first.  I am thinking the next phone I get for Tmo will be an unlocked one so i can get security updates faster.

So, when we getting oreo Tmobile?

• theartiszan

It just recently started rolling out for Verizon. Motorola needs to develop the update for each variant of the phone. TMobile has no control over when they do that. You will need to wait until Motorola finishes it for this variant and then goes through and passes all the tests. If it passes the carriers test, they can approve Motorola to send it to the TMobile variant.

• sunnyking

thank you for the info. I'm looking forward to the Android 8 update before Luna New year 2018. Btw, Moto has a close relationship with Verizon, so it is not surprise they make the update for Verizon first.

• sunnyking

good news, Tmobile moto z2 are getting the android 8 update OCX27, according to many website such as phonearena and gsmarena...etc.. the update is likely to start to be rolled out on east coast then to the west; I live in the west, so i may get it in Jan 2018 instead of Dec 2017! but hang on, we will get it in Jan. Moto and Tmobile has done stuff quick this time! Me happy