Roaming In France

magenta3002928

Hi There

I have bought a prepaid simcard before my departure to France.

I have never user it in USA yet.

I am now in Paris and i cannot attach any network.

However , the SIM is activate according to your system and i have a credit of 30$.

Could you please help me?

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Jacques.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Roaming In France

The SIM may need to have been "seen" by T-Mobile's USA network to complete activation.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • magenta3002928

Dear Drnewcomb2

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Would you propose any alternative as i am in France for few days?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Jacques

• drnewcomb2

Prepaid roaming with T-Mobile is a special subject with many issues. It's not like most European carriers, where prepaid roaming works almost as well as postpaid. The only alternative that I can offer you is to buy a French prepaid SIM. Maybe someone else knows other tricks but I don't.  If you can't register on any network, you can't send any codes. I think what you probably needed to do was to log onto T-Mobile (US) and enter the code "#RON#" then <SEND> to activate your roaming. If your phone supports WiFi Calling, you might be able to use WiFi Calling to call T-Mobile's international support at +1-505-998-3793 to see if they can help you. Not sure if this will accomplish anything good or not.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • tmo_marissa

Hi magenta3002928! I know your trip may be coming to a close, but I wanted to check in here and see if you'd been able to contact our international care team for help, or enable roaming on your own using the short code that drnewcomb2 provided! How are things going for you?

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Hey!

Did you still need some help with this? Please give us a reply back and let us know how things are going. Thank you!