Dropped calls

magenta3024992

Dropped calls are starting to be the rule, not the exception with T-Mobile.

Calls are continually dropped along the interstate and coverage is extremely spotty near our new house

Very disappointed  with T-Mobile

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Dropped calls

We know dropped calls are no fun and we certainly don't want you to expect that to be normal. What kind of phone are you using? Have you checked our coverage map and looked at the coverage for these exact locations? Do you see any signal fluctuation before the call drops or while you're around these areas? We wanna do everything we can to help you with this so please let us know. Thanks.

• magenta3024992

Of course I checked the coverage map but if you look at it, one would have the opinion that the entire United States is awash in pink.

In my opinion, there should never be spotty coverage between major metropolitan areas like Fort Worth / Dallas and Austin/ San Antonio, especially along interstate highways.  Yet, my calls are continually dropped between Fort Worth and Waco on I-35.

In my new house, I can use the phone if I sit in or near the kitchen but if I try and use it in my office, I am down to one bar, maybe.  While my wife's AT&T phone gets great coverage

Large parts of this development receive the No Service message at the top of my phone

I use an iPhone 7 plus and right now feel that I am wasting money because I cannot use my phone when I want to

• tmo_mike_c

You're right about the coverage map when you take a look at it. The best way to get a clear picture of the expected coverage is to look up exact address instead of a general area. With that being said, is it those specific areas that you're having trouble? You could try a Manual Network Selection to see if you can scan for T-Mobile and reconnect a little better while you're at home. When you look up your exact address for your home, does it also show strong coverage for that area?

• tmo_marissa

Hiya, magenta3024992 It's never awesome to read about a customer upgrading to a new home and winding up with a downgraded coverage experience. Is the service spotty all over your new neighborhood, or is this primarily a concern with your home's interior, where maybe a coverage device could help fill in the gaps? I know MC mentioned drilling down to exact addresses on the coverage map -- did you have a chance to take a closer look at the area?

- Marissa

• magenta3024992

I don't feel that I should have to purchase another piece of equipment in order to use my phone in my own home.  Especially when my wife gets excellent coverage with her AT&T phone and my neighbor does as well with his Verizon.

Even if I did purchase something, that would only help at home and does not address dropped calls (which I just had another about 15 minutes ago ) along I-35 or other major highways.

Most of these calls are business and its not good to drop calls with a customer.

It's doing me no good to pay a monthly charge and not be able to use my phone when I need to.

• drnewcomb2

It's also hard to explain why you'd have dropped calls in an area where T-Mobile has significant deployment of low-band coverage.

What sort of vehicle are you driving (riding in)?

• tmo_marissa

Oh no, magenta3024992, I hear you. You wouldn't have to purchase a booster or CellSpot; it's T-Mobile owned equipment that we would ship to you with a deposit -- you would just need to take care of it. But you're right, it wouldn't help outside of the home, which is why I asked if you were having trouble outdoors as well.
                      Is the development you're in now wooded? I wonder if there could be some environmental impacts at play? If you don't mind providing me with a ZIP, cross street, and the type of device you're using I'd be happy to take a look at the service we'd expect in that area. If what you're experiencing is way out of sync with what we show internally, then we may need you to Contact Us to file a service inquiry -- but I can do the initial research for you from here and try to save you a little time!

- Marissa

• magenta3024992

my zip code is 78633

I frequently travel down these roads near my house

1. Pedernales
                          2. Cool Springs Way
                          3. Del Webb Blvd
                          4. Ronald Regan Blvd
                          5. Country Rd 245
                          6. Highway 195
                          7. Williams Rd.

When headed west on Williams Rd ( #7) and I turn north on County Road 245, I immediately get No Service and that lasts for a long time until I cross the Cool Springs Way / Pedernales intersection.

When headed east on Cool Springs, off Pedernales, I get very spotty coverage.  When I exit my development onto Ronald Reagan Blvd, I may get half a bar but calls will be dropped until I travel about 8 miles to I-35.

Here is my problem.  Because of work, I often times drive into rural areas and use Google Maps to guide me.  If I don't have a signal, then maps is useless and I just have to drive in the direction that I think is correct until I can reconnect.  This is costing  me time as well as frustrating the hell out of me

At this point, I just feel that I would like for T-Mobile to release me from this contract because using this phone is impossible on an increasing basis.  I am paying for something that I am not able to use

• tmo_chris

Thank you so much for the info! I was looking at the area and the coverage is pretty great as you head toward the lake and South East toward Seranada but north in-between Jarrell and Florence is pretty limited. Nevertheless, there are no dead spots in any of the areas you mentioned unless you were inside of a large building in one of the lesser coverage spots so we can totally open up a service request for you and have our engineers see if there is something causing the coverage to be weaker than anticipated. Just contact us when you have a moment so we can get the ball rolling for you.

I totally understand the necessity of Google Maps. I have lived in the same town for 33 years and still use Google maps to find my way around. One thing I do with my Google maps is if I know that I am going to be in an area with less than optimal coverage, I will download an area of the map to be used in offline mode that saves to my phone and will not need data to direct me if there is no signal. This is especially handy when going on long road trips. Check out the steps here.

We would be very sad to see you go but I totally understand that having reliable coverage in the areas you need it is going to take priority. If you do choose to cancel service with us, there is no service contract or early termination fees. You would only be responsible to paying your final bill and any open equipment installment plans after canceling your account.

• magenta3024992

I drive a Mini Cooper but this has happened in my wife car as well, a Lexus RX350

There are large  areas of this development where I get the No Service message

• magenta3067287

Same problem.  The dropped calls.  Poor service gets worse and worse.  I've called tech support countless times.  Will be going to Verizon soon.  

• nebulana

There is a spot on Tryon Road here in Cary, NC traveling east, just as you're going up the hill from Cary Parkway, that my call always drops.  I always warn the person I'm talking to that my call is about to drop and I'll call them back.  1 out of 100 times it might stay connected.  It's really annoying. 

• tmo_marissa

I'm sorry to read both of these experiences, magenta3067287 and nebulana. As Chris mentioned in the answer marked at the top of the post, the best bet is going to be to Contact Us so that we can get a service request filed if this isn't the coverage experience we'd expect in your respective locations. magenta3067287, I know you mentioned that you'd spoken with the Tech team already -- did we ever get examples and file such a ticket for you? If by any chance you still have that ticket number, I can take a look and see what conclusions were reached or if it's still in progress!

• magenta3312806

this’s my 1st year with Tmoble and definitely it woulb be my last one ever!  T has the worst service ever! after so many difficulties of making phone calls, a few trips to the local stores, or few times on the phone with techies!

1.They reset my iPhone 7 plus to Lte, to 4 g, changed sims, turn off wifi calling,  then offered different phone.  The phone T want to exchange for me was old and scratched!  I declined it. 

2. I have always using iphone from the original 10 years ago until now, so I got Apple store exchanged an another brand new iPhone 7 Plus for me. It’s still not working for the family! I called my husband even while he stood in front of me and the phone didn’t ring, or did anything at all.  The phone only works proprely once in a full moon! All the agents who answered my calls were disrupted.  I called T yesterday, and the calls was dropped after a minute!

3. Most of the time i would not get my texts until few hours, or the next day.  Calls go directly to voicemail!

What kind of horrible service is this!  I stay until my credit runs off, then switch back to my old reliable Att!