Catch: You can't get Samsung pay deal if I you pay the phone in full.

magenta2985637

Be aware that you can you can only get the Samsung pay deal if you sign up for the 24 monthly installments. The deal description on the website doesn't tell you that. I went to the store last night to buy a Note 8 and they told me this. (Well. first they told me I can't pay in full for a Note 8, then they told me I can't get the Samsung pay deal if I do, then they wanted to charge me an obscure upgrade fee, then I walked out... I'll wait for the next good Samsung direct offer and buy unlocked.)

From the website:

"Who is eligible for this offer?
    Customers who purchase a Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, or Note8 either online, in store, by calling 1-800-T-MOBILE, or through other select purchase channels can join Samsung Rewards, upload their eligible receipt, and receive Samsung Reward points."

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey there, magenta2985637! I'm sorry we're not welcoming you on better terms, but we definitely appreciate you posting! Is this the offer you're referring to: 2017 Q4 T-Mobile Exclusive Samsung Pay Offer? If so, please accept my apology on behalf of our retail team -- this offer does *not* require an installment plan or financing agreement to qualify for! I double checked our internal documents for the offer as well, and it definitely calls out that EIP is not a requirement! We don't want to turn you off of getting this awesome device.

You are welcome to purchase a Note8 through the site or the T-Mobile app to avoid the assisted service fee and walk through redemption on your new phone by uploading your reciept to the Samsung Pay app on your new device once you get it, if you're still interested! Thanks for providing your feedback on this experience, please let me know if you have any other questions!

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • magenta2985637

Thanks Marissa, I appreciate the clarification. Yes, that is the offer I was referring to.

I don't seem to be able to purchase online. After adding the phone to my card I get to a step with the question "Who is this device for?" and it's showing all devices that we have. It has a red message on top though saying: "To upgrade, please visit a T-Mobile retail location or contact customer service at (800) 376-1126." and I'm not able to proceed. I will call customer service and ask why I can't purchase online. Thanks.