No Credit Check Option - 50% rebate offer for new Google Pixel 2

beans2g0

Is anyone else running into the issue of T-Mobile not honoring the rebate form submission, who opted for no credit check?

Step 1: Buy Pixel 2 outright from Google, check.

Step 2 in the process, from the T-Mo link (Google Pixel 2 | Get 50% off Retail Price When You Bring To T-Mobile) is to buy a SIM & Plan. Either Awesome, Average, or No Credit Check are options.  Upon selecting No Credit Check, no indicators the option is out of policy for the rebate, it's the same T-Mo One plan with all the same benefits, less auto-pay.

Step 3: Install your SIM & port number: check

Step 4: Complete a quick form to redeem - rejected

No where on the site does no credit check, say you will be excluded form promotional offers.  It's the same POST PAID plan.  My wife and I bought our phone from Google, got our no credit check option T-Mobile One lines, ported numbers, paid the deposits. No one seems to want to help us submit the rebate, when we followed the guided steps per the website. Wife is ready to change back to our old carrier...please help.

From T-Mobile site:

T-Mobile ONE is now available without a credit check, so you can get unlimited talk, text, and 4G LTE data without running your credit. New and existing customers are eligible to activate or move to this plan. This No Credit Check option requires a deposit and is not eligible for device financing. No Credit Check is not eligible for any AutoPay discounts and requires a deposit

Or from the T-Mo One detailed link:

Wanna skip the credit check?

To get the benefits of T-Mobile ONE without the hassle of a credit check, change your credit selection to No Credit Check.

All replies

• walch1102

I am interested in this as well, as I am planning to join but do not have any credit history as I recently relocated here from another country.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, beans2g0 and walch1102. I'm so sorry for any confusion here! You're right, the TMo ONE detailed link provides a jump to T-Mobile ONE NCC, and we are stoked to offer the option of the plan with No Credit Check available.
          In the "See full terms" link for the Pixel 2 Promo page you provided above, it does call out that this particular offer requires qualifying credit with the new lines of qualifying service, and the terms mention credit approval a little further down as well. We also have the terms listed under the Pixel Promo details here: Available rebates. The credit referred to in these terms is the credit check that's completed when we qualify  aplan for a traditional postpaid account, so for this particular promo, NCC plans aren't eligible.

I'm sorry to have to deliver this news after the fact, and can definitely forward the feedback of how the link from T-Mobile ONE to the NCC option was confusing. We definitely don't want to see you or your wife leave! We don't have any exception/escalation processes for the eligibility guidelines for this offer, and I'm not certain if converting to a traditional postpaid account (with credit check) at this point would shift the eligibility, but I'd be happy to look into those timelines for you if you're interested! The Pixel 2 is super awesome, and we'd love for you to be able to use it on our network, but I understand that at this price point a 50% rebate is a big deal and missing out on that is a huge bummer.

- Marissa

• tidbits

I blew up the terms.  It says right there Qual'g credit, and new line of qualifying service. 

Limited time offer; subject to change. Pixel Offer: Via prepaid card worth 50% of Pixel 2 64GB MSRP (other models cost more). Qual'g credit, new line of qualifying service, & proof of purchase from original retailer req'd. Redeem within 30 days of receiving device. Max 4/account. We might ask for more information. Not combinable with some offers (e.g., Carrier Freedom, Get Out of the Red). Prepaid MasterCard® Card issued by Sunrise Banks N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted. Must be active, using Pixel 2 on our network, and in good standing when card is processed. Allow 8 weeks. Prepaid MasterCard Card is rebate/reimbursement or exchange on port-in; for any tax implications, consult a tax adviser. No money has been paid by you for the card. T-Mobile One General Terms: Credit approval, deposit, and $25 SIM starter kit or, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 upgrade support charge may be required. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. See T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet for data management details.