Ripped off by Jump on Demand

terminationshok

A while ago, I was sick of Verizon. I was shopping around and tmobile looked appealing. We got 2 phones and 4 lines. The sales person said that we could pay for the phones monthly and get new ones up to 3 times a year. This sounded great. Well a few months later the new phones come out so I go back for my upgrade.

They now say I have to pay $100 for the upgrade and pay it again every time I do it. A bs excuse is given that there is storage I have to pay for over and over. This was NOT disclosed upon signing the deal and makes the plan useless to me. I decide we will run out the remaining months as displayed on the website every month when I go to pay the bill. As the number gets close to zero, I am feeling good that I will have this phone for a few months without payments. The day gets closer, and the site says that I will have to pay MORE money, or give back the phone I've been paying on, or get screwed by the crappy $100 upgrade shenanigans. NONE of this scummy garbage was disclosed at any time before it was sprung on me. To top it all off, this phone battery sucks now, and I am still paying for the stupid thing! That was NOT the deal I was sold, and I will have satisfaction.

To make matters worse, none of this crap was on the paperwork that was signed, and when asked to produce the paperwork, the phone support refused. When entering the store, upon asking for the paperwork, they refused to provide it. I insisted and called the support line again inside the store, and was asked to leave. A call to the corporate office provided only wasted time and frustration. Nobody in your company will take responsibility for this mess and provide a solution. Even given all of this crap, it is still better than Verizon, so a solution should be workable, but I will NOT be LIED to and treated poorly!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Ripped off by Jump on Demand

Oh man terminationshok , this is rough and I'm sorry if we didn't take more time to explain this in detail. When you spoke with our sales person originally, did they not mention any possible down payments at all before you came back to upgrade? If I could take a guess, that could be an upfront payment for the particular phone you were upgrading to. You also mentioned storage. If you're talking about the phone's internal storage (like upgrading the to a similar model with increased memory) that too could be a reason for an upfront cost. I do apologize if you're lied to and treated poorly. We do wanna help here if we can, I'm just trying to get some clarification on what was said exactly and figure out what happened.

• terminationshok

There was no mention of payments to upgrade, or a payment at the end of the term. When I returned for the promised upgrade, I had already paid upfront for storage. They wanted to be paid for that storage again, and again, every time I upgraded. I would NEVER have taken the deal if that was explained upfront, and springing it on me after the deal is signed is not ethical, and possibly not legal. In any case, with or without upgrades, the payment at the end of the term presents a second dishonesty. The service I received on the phone and in store was as terrible as any I have ever received from any business. In some cases the representatives attempted to cause greater damage to me than just the money taken for services not rendered. For example, the store manager asking me to leave his store after failing to provide the lease paperwork, and the phone rep calling the other people on my account, and causing arguments, then gloating about it. This sort of mistreatment presents an even greater incentive to move along to a new provider and recover my losses using government assistance.

If the extra payments at the end of the lease were removed, that would solve my issue. I would expect additional financial consideration given the trouble your company's policies have caused.

If this is not remedied within 2 weeks, I WILL send a demand letter notarized and sent via registered mail, and T-Mobile will be asked to compensate for the price of ALL device payments plus consideration for wasting my time and mistreatment.

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, see I've gone over the info I have about JUMP on Demand and I'm not seeing anything about a "storage" fee. Did they give you more details about exactly what that was? As I mentioned before, the only reference I could find that would be close to that is if you were upgrading to another device of the same model that has more internal storage, but I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Were you given a receipt with this charge listed on there? Sorry to ask so many questions about this, I'm just trying to understand if "storage" is a term they're using in relationship to info we have on JUMP on Demand. As for the payment at the end of the term, the only charges I can think of is the remaining balance of the lease (if any) or charges for the device if you decide to purchase it. You can see an examples of options you have at the end of your lease using this link. You'd should get email and/or text notifications as you near the end of your lease reminding you to take action on what you'd like to do next as far as your phone.

With how you were treated at the store and over the phone, that's just sad to hear and I really wish it would have gone better for you. Have you reported this to anyone when you called? If you haven't you can send me more details in the private message I just sent you. I can send this to our internal folks and let them know the details of what happened on your call and at the store. You're welcome to send a letter, but I think it's worth a shot to see if we can get this resolved a bit faster. We don't have account access here, but you could try our social support team through our Contact Us  page. They can take a look at these charges and see if there's more we can do to help you out. I'm bummed you've had such a tough time, but you should reach out to our team using the link I posted so we can have them give this another look.

• terminationshok

Yes, the $100 extra was for internal storage. I already paid it once, and this was not disclosed until I actually came back for the upgrade, an upgrade I was told would be free. Those "options" for end of term were all more expensive than the nothing that was described during the sale. It was represented as a payment plan, NOT A LEASE! Then it's a lease later, but nobody can show me a contract!

And of course, like everybody else in your scammy company, your offer of help has NO financial compensation for the failure to deliver paid for goods. I am once again invited to start over with another agent who will inevitably NOT DO ANYTHING! My time is valuable and this is not appreciated.

The details of the store are irrelevant. It would seem to be company policy to LIE about having documents that don't exist. I have gotten that same bs from everyone I asked to produce the document they claim we signed.

I am going to send my demands via registered mail and the government will assist me if you ignore that. You (t-mobile) can do better. No hard feelings for you personally, but it seems all you can really do is relay my extreme dissatisfaction to your bosses. Tell them to ask Verizon what can happen when you conduct business this way.

• tmo_mike_c

This looks like there's some room for us to clear up the confusion from the beginning about the lease. Yes, there are payments you make on the device, but Jump on Demand is a lease and should have been explained to you as such. The details of the store are relevant to me so I can have specifics to send to my team. I wish I had another way to get you the JOD agreement, but when you opt for it at a store, that's where you'd go to get the copy. I can't find any reason why a store wouldn't give you that info which was another reason I wanted to get specifics from you. I totally agree that your time is valuable, and I don't wanna waist it. I'm just trying to figure out a way to help.

• nelfar212

terminationshok, I don't work for T-Mobile, call 611, and asked for the loyalty dept(they are the hush hush dept) if they can't resolve the last and final step is to ask for the solutions center. I've been with TMO since AT&T re-acquired Cingular wireless back in 2007, TMO customer reps are dedicated to providing us with excellent service. Do bear with them they have newer staff and promo's that at announced all the time, also I will say it's on us the consumer to ask a lot of questions and retain paperwork just in case. Even with that I've haven't had an issue with TMO that couldn't be resolved, One of the last issues I had took some patience on my part, I moved to Central Louisiana 3 years ago, So there was no T-mobile service in my area after some back and forth the Tech got approval to provision my phone on the partner network so not experience any issues with service also he got approval for my device to be unlocked early so I could use on At&t if I chose to, it was a nice gesture however, AT&T cannot get another dime from me, someone had set up a fraudulent account in my name, I was confused being that it had been some years since I left AT&T and I had been with Cingular two years. I obtained a police report and they still refused to remove the charges and they lumped the charges onto my bill when they merged, I refused to pay, they refused to fix, I was at the end of my contract, so took my business elsewhere.