TMobile BOGO Rebate denied

hi, i have purchased Samsung S8 Phone in Costco and rep in the store said that the device is eligible for BOGO promotion. I have submitted the rebate on 22-Sep and got a denial notice on 24-Oct saying the device is not qualified. i tried Customer care and they said to go to store and check. Do we have any other options?

Thanks

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: TMobile BOGO Rebate denied

Costco often has their own rebate promotions that are Costco exclusive which is likely why you were directed there.

If you want to double check, our T-Force team on Twitter and FB are rebate experts and can double check to ensure you would need to make a trip to the store!

-Lauren

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Hey there! Just checking in to see if you have heard anything back on your rebate as of yet? I would recommend that you contact our rebate care team directly so that they can verify your submission and let you know if there are any problems.

1-877-311-8853

Press 1 for English.

Press 2 for Terms & Conditions

Press 2 for General Instructions

Press 1 for Additional Assistance.

• vamseechandolu

Hi Chris,

We are wondering why we are having BOGO offer rebate was denied even with one new number  and other one is ported successfully and new phones even we purchased in store.

we purchased IPhone 8 plus(two iPhones)  on December 22 2017on promo BOGO offer I T-Mobile store and applied our rebate on December 25 2017 , our rebate was denied showing denied today December 26 2017 with message invalid purchase date.

Offer Number 209532

Tracking ID

HGVJ-4203-4950

• tmo_chris

Hey vamseechandolu,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your rebate! We cannot actually access rebate submission here on the Community forum but if you contact the number I posted above, that team will definitely be able to see what is going on here.

• vamseechandolu

Hi chris,

Tried to speak with above given number, they confirmed we are eligible for promotion offer with Iphobe dec 2017 BOGO offer, but it was not fixed. customer service are saying they cant process it from their end.

Asked me to  re submit the rebate in online but its not allowing us as the IMEI is already registered and not able to submit.

Even we are eligible, we are not getting our rebate as per T Mobile promotion and making customers  frustrated and fools. by giving false promotion offer.

• tmo_chris

For this specific issue, you will need to contact the rebate team directly as our regular customer care team will not be able to process the request. When you called, did you call our regular care team or did you call 1-877-311-8853 and follow these prompts?

Press 1 for English.

Press 2 for Terms & Conditions

Press 2 for General Instructions

Press 1 for Additional Assistance.

• magenta3905738

This is insane. i too purchased t mobile bogo offer on 26th November 2017. I applied for promotional prepaid MasterCard card on 30 nov 2017. i followed up t mobile customer service asking status of my rebate card. They said I have to wait for 8 weeks to receive the card ensuring both service lines are active and one unlimited rate plan. both my conversations with customer service promised my account looks good and my rate plans is qualified for rebate card. Today when I check status of promotions code it says denied.

this is truly unbelievable  I was told that I applied for promotional rebate after BOGO offer expired and hence they will not Do anything to fix.

Basically T-Mobile BOGO offer is a fraud

• tmo_chris

We can take a closer look at what specifically happened with your promotion magenta3905738. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please use the links in my signature to send a message to our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and look over your eligibility.

• magenta3905738

I completely agree with magenta4099202

Its one way to trap customer to continue paying service line fee until rebate card arrives. In fact they say they do not have shipment tracking number. When enquired what postal service used by t mobile to send the rebate card to me. The representative says “I do not have those details on file”. its crystal clear that t mobile is just trying to make more money from customeR.

There is no guarante by T Mobilie that I will receive rebate card. They will easil blame it on postal service and say oh so sorry. We will issue another rebate card. That is another 10 busin days withou any evide.

Its a $700 worth MasterCard which t mobile sends with such carelessness that they do not even bother to track success delivery???

• magenta4099202

THIS IS A SCAM AT TMOBILE SHOULD BE REPORTED TO CONSUMER AFFAIRS AS WELL AS STATE AG ...NEEDS TO BE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FILED ON THIS!! EVERY POST IS ABOUT SOMEONE BEING DENIED!!

I FOLLOWED ALL OF THE GUIDELINES AND SUBMITTED MY NOTE 8 BOGO ON 12/23. FOLLOWING MONTH I CHECKED STATUS AND WAS DENIED ON 1/28/18.

2/9/18 I DECIDED TO CALL 611 AND ASK ABOUT THE DENIAL. REP SAID SHE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY I WAS DENIED BECAUSE i HAD THE CORRECT PLANS AND FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS,

SHE PUT ME ON HOLD AND CONTACTED THE REBATE CENTER 1-877-311-8853. THE REP REVIEWED MY ACCOUNT AND SAID I WAS APPROVED AND WOULD RECEIVE MY CARD IN 7-10 DAYS.

Today, 2/11/18 I DECIDED TO CHECK STATUS USING THE TRACKING # THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME. NOW IT SAYS 'PROCESSING'!!! AND CHECK BACK IN 6-8 WEEKS!!!!! WTH NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 6 WEEKS FOR A BS DENIAL!!! I DON'T THINK SO!!!

I WILL PAY THESE PHONES OFF TOMORROW IN FULL SO I CAN SALVAGE SOME MONEY AND THEN TRANSFER TO VERIZON!!!

However, I ASSURE YOU...I WILL MAKE CALLS TO SEE HOW TMOBILE CAN BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS FRAUD YOU ADVERTISE!

1. YOU GET PEOPLE TO SIGN UP THINKING THEY WILL GET A FREE PHONE.

2. THEY ACTIVATE UNNEEDED LINES OF SERVICE ...WHICH HELPS YOUR BOTTOM LINE FOR PROFITS.

3. THEY ARE REQUIRED TO KEEP THESE LINES 8 WEEKS PLUS AND PAY FOR DEVICES MONTHLY

4. TMOBILE DENIES THEM AND NOW THE CUSTOMER HAS AN $850 PHONE AND NO CHOICE TO BUT TO MAKE MONTHLY PAYMENTS AND PAY FOR A LINE THAT'S NOT NEEDED!

TOTAL SCAM!!!

• tmo_chris

I am terribly sorry you are having to go through so much trouble with your promotion magenta4099202. Please understand that is is never our intention to make you feel as if you were scammed as we truly want you to be able to take advantage of any promotions you qualify for. I am glad that you were able to speak with our rebate support team and that the card is on the way. If the agent you spoke with said that you will receive the card within 7-10 days from 2/9, you should have this by at least 2/19. I wouldn't worry to much about what the site says as it sound like this was a manual approval and the date range was given was to accommodate the shipping of the card rather than the approval timeline as it was manually approved.

• magenta4188868

Hi,

I was just advised that my rebate was denied.

I added a line and purchased 2 Samsung 8 phones late 2017 (my 1st bill payment was made 12/11/17) based on T-mobile's bogo offer, introduced to me at a T-mobile store. 611 told me a  few minutes ago however, that although I took up the offer based on what the T-mobile store (Green Acres, Valley Stream NY) told me, they are sorry but the store had misinformed me - the bogo offer really hadn't started at the date of my purchase. She would be happy to offer me $25 - I am now thinking that this is just one of those weird episodes from Black Mirror. I'd certainly like my rebate/refund, thanks.

• tmo_chris

Oh no! We want to make sure you are able to take advantage of any promotions you are eligible for. We will need to take a closer look at your account to see what specifically happened though. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please use the links in my signature to send a private message to our T-Force team.

• lnishikawa

I’m having a nightmare getting my BOGO rebate, this must be deliberate.

1. I ordered two devices and opened two lines over the phone in Feb. I know the offer requires trading in a device, so I ask multiple times if that needs to be processed now and Customer Care assures me that no - I need to do that after I port over my number, she will send me the instructions in an email (link is broken).

2. Phones arrive. I contact customer care via the website, they say I am supposed to turn in the old device in a store.

3. I visit a T Mobile store, they say they can’t process the trade-in since the order was made over the phone.

4. I call customer care, ask how to turn in a device, he sends me instructions via email. The link is broken.

5. I call customer care, ask how to turn in a device, she is very helpful and reads the terms of the rebate line by line. She generates a shipping label. I ask whether she needs to take down any information like model or IMEI, she says no.

6. I call customer care to make sure I should mail the package since no one has taken my account or device info. She says it is fine, this is how it works.

7. Rebate is denied. No device traded in.

8. I call the rebate center, they connect me with customer care who opens a handset research request to find the missing device. They both assure me this will be taken care of, I do not need to call again.

9. I receive an email confirming that the trade-in device has been located, and i’m “good to go”.

10. The rebate is still denied.

Now I’m caught in an infinite loop:

11. I call the rebate center, they need customer care to confirm receipt of the device in order to override the rebate. They get CC on the line. Customer care says they can process this but will require a supervisor and will take 30-60 minutes. Rebate center says they cannot stay on the line that long.

12. Customer care calls back to confirm they found the device, but they cannot process the rebate. I need to contact the rebate center.

13. I call back the rebate center and they have no record that customer care located the device. They put customer care on the line...

(repeat)

It shouldn’t be my job to coordinate between these two departments. At this stage I have spent over 8 hours on the phone with T-Mobile. I don’t know what else to do except switch back to my old provider.

Any suggestions?

Laura

• tmo_chris

Oh my goodness Laura! Something is definitely wrong here. I am glad to hear that the device was found by our handset research team but we need to work on getting you that rebate. Since we are going to need to do a full investigation of your account to see what happened here, I am going to recommend that you reach out to our T-Force team on Facebook or Twitter. You can use the links in my signature to send them a direct message.

• magenta4611028

I bought two iphone 8 plus with the senior plan promotion in TMoible store in 01/23/2018, I called customer service to ask the status of the rebate one week later, was told the rebate in their system and just need to wait few weeks. I checked the status online tonight it was denied on 03/12/2018. I called rebate team, was told one requirement to get the rebate is you have to trade in old phone. Is it a joke? The TMobile store manager never mentioned that. I just feel being tricked and trapped.

• magenta4732641

Hi, I bought two iphones  - one iphone 8 and another one iphone 8 plus in TMoible store on 03/19/2018, I called customer service to ask the status of the rebate one week later, was told the rebate in their system. The I verified that with the customer service, in the store, with chat, three to four times and they all said I fulfilled all the criteria. I checked the status online tonight and it was denied on 04/21/2018. . But it's denied with no reason given. This is ridiculous. Is it a joke? I just feel being deceived & cheated. Why you don't give any proper reason? it only says "No matching record found in Assurant table". Please look into this and let me know the next steps.