Digits settings?

dlfeiner

There are almost NO settings for digits. When I get voicemail or call notifications, which are usually 12 - 24 hours later (not helpful and certainly not user friendly), I still have to go into the Voicemail or Call list and specifically select the new (flagged) items in order to unmark them as New. For Voicemail, it's even worse. I have to not only select the voicemail, but I actually have to LISTEN to it. What if I don't want to listen to it, because, well, for whatever reason? It will stay marked as New, and the main screen icon will always show one or more new messages.

I think the fact that I have acknowledged the call and/or voicemail notifications should be enough to indicate that I have seen them. I don't feel I should have to baby each message or call to have it unmarked as New. Where is a setting for this? Where is a setting for anything in Digits? There is only basically ONE setting. Nothing to allow me to configure anything meaningful.

I think Digits has a long way to go before being a production-ready mainstream app. It's nowhere near professional quality. It's very amateurish at this point. I hope TMobile is listening, but if they are listening with Digits, then the message won't get to them for quite a while.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Digits settings?

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to see the issues you are having. Can you confirm what device you are using DIGITS on? There certainly be such a delay in notifications.

All fair feedback for DIGITS, and we are listening. It's certainly been a growing experience and we'll continue to pass feedback and issues up to the engineering team

-Lauren

Totally understandable that you don't want to baby them.

• tmo_marissa

Howdy, dlfeiner! Just wanted to touch base here and echo Lauren's thanks for the feedback. Do you mind letting us know what type of device you're using DIGITS on? Thank you!

- Marissa

• dlfeiner

My device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Again TMobile has surprised me because you all should know what device I am using and especially in my case as I have only one device for my account. As for Digits, I just downloaded that app a few weeks ago and it was my first time using it. Plus I have auto updates on for my phone. To this day, it still lags, and it still has all the usability problems that I commented on, and more. It is really not a very user-friendly app. As I said, it’s great in theory, but horrid in actual practice.

Thanks.

David

• debjitjdv

dlfeiner

I am curious. If you are using Note 8, then why are you using the DIGITS app? Note 8 has in-built DIGITS in the device OS. If your device is T-Mo branded, it can be enabled via DIGITS portal. Please let me know if you need help to know how to activate the in-built DIGITS>

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • tmo_marissa

Hiya, dlfeiner! Thanks for coming back to update us! Please don't think we're asking you questions to take up your time -- because the Support Community is a public user forum, we don't have the ability to see your account or device type (unless you've listed it on your Community profile, but I didn't see one there). One of the reasons we ask is so that when we forward valuable feedback like yours to our DIGITS engineering team, we can give them details that help them run tests to try to recreate issues. That said, I'm also curious about  debjitjdv's ask above -- did you download the app on your Note 8, or are you using the multi-line settings on your Note 8 and using the app on another device?

- Marissa