Text messages sitting at "sending"

mjb71

This app/service is so dang frustrating.  More times than not, when I try and send a text message using the app on my Nexus 6p it just sits there at "sending".  Most of the time I can copy/paste and send again and the 2nd text goes right through.  Didn't work this time, I have 2 messages currently in the "sending" state.  Heck I still have messages from a week+ ago that are still "sending".  I did finally reboot the device and copy/pasted to resend and the 3rd attempt sent the message.    Maybe add some retry logic in the app to keep trying to send when it encounters an issue.  Nothing worse than trying to send a message, thinking it'll go through, then later looking at your phone wondering if you've gotten a reply yet to find out the message never went out.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Text messages sitting at "sending"

Hey, mjb71! This doesn't sound right at all. Is the Nexus your secondary device, or your primary? Do you notice any patterns around when this send delay happens vs. when it acts normally? Does it have a network connection or are you using it on WiFi, or both -- is the behavior the same no matter where you are or how it's connected? With issues like this we always want to try to get to the bottom of whether it's an app problem, a connection problem, or a provisioning problem -- have you reached out to one of our internal teams to look over the account when this takes place?

- Marissa

• mjb71

I carry 2 devices most of the time with me, only the nexus has digits as I use it so when device#1 isn't on me I can still get texts/calls via digits. I'm on wifi and/or data, doesn't seem to matter, most of the time when I'm texting I seem to be on wifi, but not always. It seems to happen mostly after the phone has been asleep and that first couple of messages seem to either take a long time or just never send.  Once things start sending it seems to work most of the time until it goes to sleep again.  I kind of given up relying on it.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha. So it's your secondary device, and the send delay is happening regardless of your network connection (WiFi or cellular) and at this point the only pattern seems to be that it's after the device has been asleep for a bit.
              Can I ask what your primary device is? Are you using just the DIGITS app on the Nexus, or is it a Data with Paired DIGITS line?
              Also, sorry, I know I asked for a laundry list of details in my first reply, but I wanted to circle back and see if you'd had the chance to have the provisioning double checked with an internal team yet!

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there mjb71.

Are you messages going through more smoothly? Please give us a reply back and let us know how things are going. Thanks!

• rosaraiya

Same problem here, using Nexus 5X, full wifi strength and 3 bars on LTE signal.

Frustrating!