Are the DIGITS servers currently down?

magenta2959788

PC app and web currently showing the "Disconnected" message after logging into my account.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta2959788!

This is the first I've heard of this happening today. It may have been a slight hiccup. Is this still happening?

• magenta2959788

Re: Are the DIGITS servers currently down?

Yes, it's still happening. Could this be because I'm using a new device? Texts sent and received through the default text app are still showing up on my new device's DIGITS app but I can't send texts from the DIGITS app itself.

• tmo_amanda

magenta2959788,

From your last reply, it sounds like you're only having issues with the app itself, not the web app. What type of phone are you using? I'm assuming that when you're trying to log in to the app on your new phone is where you're seeing the "disconnected" message, right?

Ahh, don't jinx it, debjitjdv! I definitely don't want to see a pattern of this! Your issue doesn't seem related to the "disconnected" message. Knowing your tech savvy background, I'm assuming that you already tried restarting the phone and app, right?

• magenta2959788

I'm having issues with all apps. Both desktop app and web app give me the "disconnected" message. The phone app shows an "inactive" line state and doesn't allow me to turn it on.
                    The new phone is the Pixel 2. I know I'm logged into the phone's DIGITS app because I can see all the texts I've sent and received (including the ones that I sent while having the issues), through the default Messages app.

• debjitjdv

tmo_amanda

I was kidding about the pattern. Please dont take it by heart .

So the scenario is something like this:

I had my work DIGITS line deactivated (all day except in afternoon for 10 15 mins) in my S7 Edge Multiline settings as I was busy in some personal work from morning and I did not want to get disturbed. During evening, I activated my work DIGITS line and did not receive any text. It look to me suspicious because I was expecting a reply of a text that I sent in afternoon. Hence I double checked with DIGITS web app and as expected I received those  reply but unfortunately they did not come to my S7 Edge or iPhone 8+ DIGITS iOS app (version 1.1.11).

I restarted my device, logged out and logged into Multi-line settings but of no use. Further in my iPhone 8+ I received a text message about my trade in confirmation from T-Mobile short code number 456 but the same phone number (i.e. the phone number of iPhone 8+) mapped as DIGITS in my S7 Edge Mult-line settings did not receive that trade in message. If I remember correctly, tmo_evan said that T-Mo short codes are compatible with DIGITS. So something is messy. Not sure what though

• magenta2959788

tmo_amanda I logged into My T-Mobile to and went to "Manage DIGITS settings" and saw that the my old S7 edge is still listed as the Primary Device. It also says that this is the phone with the DIGITS SIM card in it.

Could all this be caused because I'm using the same SIM card on the Pixel 2? Do I need to go get a new SIM card to resolve this or is there a way to update my primary device? I tried changing the phone listed for my line through the My T-Mobile website but the Pixel 2 is not an option.

• debjitjdv

tmo_amanda

My incoming messages are not being delivered to iOS DIGITS app or my S7 Edge. But I can see them in DIGITS web app. Come Saturday, DIGITS is going to malfunction, an observed pattern.