Clarification on iPhone 7 Trade Up Offer/ Early EIP Payoff

ashleydonohoe

I was wanting to seek clarification on something because I've been different answers on the community here from T-Mobile employees as well as through T-Mobile support. I got an iPhone 7 last year with the Trade Up offer and EIP credits. I wanted to pay off the EIP soon so that I could sell the phone and buy an iPhone 8 somewhere (I don't plan to use any promotion for the new phone). If the EIP is paid off early by me, do I lose all remaining EIP credits for the iPhone 7 Trade Up even if the same line is kept active?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey, ashleydonohoe! Great question. I checked our internal FAQ for the iPhone 7 Trade-Up Offer, and it looks like our content folks made a bullet just for you! Based on what I'm seeing, if you choose to upgrade to a different device, you will need to pay off the remaining EIP on the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus (no worries there since it sounds like that's your plan!). As long as your account is active and in good standing, you will continue to receive the credits for this promotion until the end of the original 24 month period has completed!