4 Bars and No Signal / Cannot call or text

polluxstl

I'm at work and have full bars but I can't call out, it tells me I'm not registered on the network.  I can't send or receive texts, they just say "Not sent.  Tap to try again" after trying forever.  I've looked all over support documents but nothing in there seems to help. 

All replies

• snn555

Re: 4 Bars and No Signal / Cannot call or text

Your phone can receive full signal from another carrier however it may not work on that carrier or have a roaming agreement with them. If you have a router at work you may try to connect to it to make WiFi calls and send text.

• polluxstl

I am connected to the WiFi at work, but I cannot make calls and I cannot receive texts on it.  Why in the world would my phone show me strength for somebody else's service? That's ridiculous.

• snn555

Either you have WiFi calling enabled but the router and or system at your work does not allow you to use it for that purpose or you have not activated WiFi calling. It may be that the mobile network is not familiar with that router at your work or some other reg code issue. Are you receiving any error messages with WiFi calling? And it is quite possible for the phone to pick up a signal if it has compatible radios for bands and frequencies of other carriers in your area however if you're not a customer or your mobile network does not have a roaming agreement with that carrier you would not be able to register on that Network and therefore would not be able to use that

• polluxstl

Stating the same thing over and over is not explaining anything.  If I have bars, I should have service or else why show me the bars in the first place!

I understand WiFi calling, it does not work for me. If you aren't going to help, leave it to someone who can.

• snn555

I'm sorry I was not able two explain in better detail. The bars in your status bar only indicate level of signal not a connection to a particular Network.  If you do not see 4G LTE 3-g or 2G next to the bars you do not have a network connection. Your phone is picking up signal from somewhere else but it is not signal that you can use. Again the bars are only an indicator that the phone is receiving a signal however you have to be registered on a network to use that cellular data signal.

If you have never had a working T-Mobile Connection in your building before than suffice to say T-Mobile's Network cannot penetrate into your workplace. As far as to why your Wi-Fi calling is not working that would be left to whoever manages your networking equipment. If you have had network usability with T-Mobile in your building previously then perhaps you would need to contact T-Mobile to begin a network troubleshooting ticket. It may be related to the network or it may be related to your device.

With all of that being said I might suggest either waiting for someone else to chime in or contacting TMobile directly via Facebook or Twitter or the message us option in the T-Mobile app or by giving TMobile a phone call so that troubleshooting steps can be taken and progress can be made.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • tmo_mike_c

Hi polluxstl .

Do you still need some help here or have you already contacted our Facebook team? Please let us know if you need more assistance.

• tmo_marissa

Howdy!

I'm hoping you've had a chance to reach out by now, but if you're still having trouble with this, please give us a shout! We're here if you need help.

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Hey!

Just stopping in again to see if you still need some help. Please let us know if this was resolved for you. Thanks!

• magenta3998989

Did this ever get fixed? I am having the exact same problem.

Galaxy s8 active.