Wi-Fi Calling Asus Zenfone 4 Max ZC554KL

tvccs

Hello,

I recently purchased an ASUS Zenfone 4 Max ZC554KL, which is running Android Nougat with Wi-Fi Calling built-in as an option in Settings.  I have a T-Mobile Personal Wi-Fi ASUS CellSpot Router which works with Wi-Fi Calling on a variety of T-Mobile, unlocked Nexus and Verizon phones with Wi-Fi Calling without issue.  The Zenfone 4 Max does not, however, and ASUS Taiwan is telling me that I need to check with the carrier to see if they have Wi-Fi Calling enabled for this specific device, which I've never heard of prior - I've always understood it to be a phone firmware/software issue.

The phone receives T-Mobile LTE 2,4 and 12 without issue.

Can you advise / help?   Thank you.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Wi-Fi Calling Asus Zenfone 4 Max ZC554KL

Happy Saturday, tvccs!

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee WiFi calling on non-T-Mobile devices. You can take a look here: Wi-Fi Calling for more information on that.

• tidbits

Re: Wi-Fi Calling Asus Zenfone 4 Max ZC554KL

tvccs wrote:

Hello,

I recently purchased an ASUS Zenfone 4 Max ZC554KL, which is running Android Nougat with Wi-Fi Calling built-in as an option in Settings. I have a T-Mobile Personal Wi-Fi ASUS CellSpot Router which works with Wi-Fi Calling on a variety of T-Mobile, unlocked Nexus and Verizon phones with Wi-Fi Calling without issue. The Zenfone 4 Max does not, however, and ASUS Taiwan is telling me that I need to check with the carrier to see if they have Wi-Fi Calling enabled for this specific device, which I've never heard of prior - I've always understood it to be a phone firmware/software issue.

The phone receives T-Mobile LTE 2,4 and 12 without issue.

Can you advise / help? Thank you.

Your device doesn't support WiFi calling in the US.  Chances are the Verizon phones that worked were Samsung devices or Pixels which they code for multitude of carriers.  This is why if you notice manufacturers are starting to advertise if they support it on T-Mobile as a selling point.

1 of 1 people found this helpful