Sending texts to the UK is blocked, but receiving isn't

missromayo

Hi,

I'm a British person living in the USA. I currently have t-mobile USA contract and if any one in the UK texts me I receive the texts, but I can't reply. I get the following message when I try to reply to people in the UK:

Free Msg: Unable to send message-Message Blocking is active.

I don't have any international add ons on my account as people tend to message me via skype, facebook and whatsapp, but lately my parents have been having issues with skype and texting instead, but I can't reply to anything. I had the international add on a couple of years ago, but got it removed as it wasn't worth it. When I did have the international add on, I could text the UK.

I've tried looking at my account to try and enable the texts, but I can't find the option to do so. I tried on the mobile app, but the app simply refuses my login details. I'm logged in, but as soon as I try to make changes it says i'm not logged in and won't accept my details. I can't spark up a live chat with T-Mobile as when I open the chat box it says 'You are no longer logged in. Log in again to view the conversation.' regardless of what browser or device I use.

Am hoping I can find some help here!

All replies

• missromayo

Can someone please help?

• tmo_amanda

Hi, missromayo!

I'm sorry it took us a few days to get back to you as I'm sure you'd love the ability to text your parents back in the UK. You can find more information about the message blocking feature here. The feature can be removed by following these steps:

From your mobile device with the T-Mobile app

1. Open the app. If you don't have it, download it now.
          2. Tap Menu > USAGE & PLANS.
          3. Tap View line details under the card for your line.
          4. Under Services, tap Manage Services.
          5. If prompted, log in with your T-Mobile ID.
          6. Tap the + symbol next to any service to see a description and pricing.
          7. Select a service you'd like to add and tap Next.
          8. Review your changes.
          9. Tap Agree & Submit to agree to the terms and conditions.

From a computer with My T-Mobile

1. Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
          2. Select PLAN.
          3. Select the line to change.
          4. Select CHANGE SERVICES and follow the on-screen steps.

Let me know if you were able to remove the international message blocking feature or if you have any additional questions!

• missromayo

Hi Amanda,

As stated in my original question I CANNOT access anything on the app. It rejects my password. I cannot change anything via the app even with finger print sign in enabled. It just cycles me back to the login screen then continuously rejects my password.

The response you gave is the stock copy and paste response on the site. Please could you tell me EXACTLY where to enable my international texting on the web version of your page? I go to 'Plan' (I only have one line) and I cannot see where to enable my texting to the UK/Internationally. The only international option is the 15 dollar bolt on, but I simply want to enable texts and assume this can be done without having to sign up for the international plan.

• tmo_amanda

Yes, that was a copy/paste from our Support site as every online account is different. I checked my personal My T-Mobile account and didn't have the option to add/remove an international message block but I also don't have one active. My best recommendation would be to call 611 or work with T-Force (our social media customer service team) via Facebook or Twitter. You can find links for each of the social media pages in my signature or here.

• tmo_marissa

Hello, missromayo! I just wanted to check in here and see if you'd been able to reach out to our Care or T-Force teams so that we could take a look at your account internally and see what needed to be done to get this working for you. I hope you're successfully texting your family now -- please let us know how you're doing!

- Marissa