Branched to a new discussion.

TMOBILE ONE unlimited LTE SPEED TEST Maryland

magenta2908712

Hello, I just join tmobile a couple of days ago and I found out my LTE is running pretty slow. Anyone in the maryland rockville area with Tmobile one unlimited plan? How is your LTE speed? Mine is very unstable, most of the time i get 0.5-3mbps on download and 2-4mbps on upload. Max I get is at 40+mbps but very rare.

Im running these test with a iphone 8 plus.

Is it just me or this is normal?

All replies

• dragon1562

I'm not from the Maryland area so I can't tell you if that is the normal expectation for coverage. Especially without any hard data. What I can tell you to do though is attempt to record the effected areas and time when you run the speedtest. Maybe run them 3 times a day. If you see the speeds fluctuate in the same location during different parts of the day then it is just simple congestion. Which happens when to many people are trying to use the network in one location. If the speed is consistently bad and you have reason to believe that it should not be (i.e. 5 bars of service) then I would call into T-mobile and let them know of the effected area.

I will say that if you are running these tests indoors that could be your trouble right there. Also when running the speedtests try to select different servers. Sometimes the one that Okla auto-connects to is not the best choice. Hope this helps a bit.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Hey there, magenta2908712!

Welcome to T-Mobile and to our Support Community! dragon1562 made a few good points about your speed test results. Depending on your exact location (inside/outside, type of building you're in, near foliage, etc.), your speeds will fluctuate because there are a couple different factors when it comes to the signal being delivered to your phone. Have you had a chance to test your speed test on a different server? Is it primarily happening in the Rockville area? If outside Rockville, do you see improvements to your data speed?

We'll do our best to provide you with answers based upon the information you provide!

• tmo_marissa

Happy Sunday! Just wanted to check with you and see how things were going! We'd love to hear any updates -- were you able to modify some factors and get any better test results? Did you have a chance to take a look at the questions Amanda asked above? Thanks!

- Marissa

• magenta2908712

after these days I’ve been testing T-Mobiles internet speeds. I do get good speed depending on day, time and location, but i would say 8 out of 10 times my speed is 1-2 mbps. Max I get is 35-40mbps. all these tests are made during 3-full bar of LTE. i guess nothing I can do at the moment. I hope T-Mobile will step up their game and make 8-10 times on good speed instead of the other way around. True that they have good deals but the speed I’m getting most of the time is a little disappointin. :/

• magenta2908712

ive Contacted T-Mobile number of times already. Ticket was submitted. Haven’t received any call back for solutions. i mean I don’t think they can do anything tho.

• dragon1562

When you ran the speedtests where you connecting to the same server each time or different ones? Also to be clear were these tests in separate locations because that is what I'm getting from your post still. T-mobile support can definitely help you it will just take time. If they are aware of the issue they will fix it for sure since it is a big city.

• tmo_marissa

Thanks for doing that! When you submitted the ticket, did we advise that we saw any notice of congestion in the area? If we know already, then it's just a matter of time before the issue's addressed with additional spectrum -- but if we didn't already see it listed on the map, then your report could either be the clue that our Engineering team needs to look into congestion in that area, or could be a tip to check for issues at the local site.
                      The engineering team themselves very, very, very rarely perform calls regarding tickets. In order to follow up, we should be setting an appointment with a date and time to check back on the ticket status and reach out to you. If we established a timeline to contact you and missed that commitment, then we definitely dropped the ball! That's the kind of feedback our teams with account access definitely need. Through channels like Care or T-Force, we're able to review the follow-up history on your account records and make sure that the proper folks are alerted when we goof like that.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd had a chance to reach out to check on any of the tickets that were filed and give us the opportunity to review the follow-up history on your account. Please let us know how things are going for you! If you still have any of your ticket numbers, I'm happy to try to take a peek and see what the status is!

- Marissa