Can't text on digits line - so fed up!

drollem06

I used to carry two phones - for work and personal.  Switching my work mobile to a digits line was a terrible decision as now it has become entirely unreliable.  I cannot send texts - I recieve them, then must respond from another number.  Customer service has given me the run around offering so many "solutions" that contradict each other and don't help.  I've always been happy with T Mobile, but at this point, my experiences with both Verizon and AT&T never had me this disapointed.  Frustrated beyond words!

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Can't text on digits line - so fed up!

What are you using to send texts(phone, web, app, desktop app)?  What device are you using?

• debjitjdv

drollem06

By any chance are you using a Samsung device inbuilt Multi-line settings to send a text using DIGITS line? If yes, then not just you, all Samsung device users are stuck.

• drollem06

Yes, S8+.  And I know it's happening on all Samsung devices right now, but that makes it all the more frustrating!  This isn't a hardware problem, as it was working fine originally.  How is it taking this long to fix?  And why are the customer support people wasting my time twlling me to do this and that, when none of it helps.  Tye people in store basically say, "call support, it's an easy fix but I can do it here..."  right..

Knowing that this is happening across all user is even more frustrating, a phone that goes bad I can replace.  A carrier that goes bad may have to be replaced too, I just rather T Mobiled fixed itself and owned this.

• tidbits

have you guys tried using the app instead of the integrated apps?

• debjitjdv

The point of using Samsung device is the integrated DIGITS. Its a device wise problem and T-Mobile needs to fix it ASAP. DIGITS app is just a stop gap measure.

• tidbits

debjitjdv wrote:

The point of using Samsung device is the integrated DIGITS. Its a device wise problem and T-Mobile needs to fix it ASAP. DIGITS app is just a stop gap measure.

Yes I am aware, but if it is broken and there is an alternative to use while they fix the issue.  That's like not wanting to put on a spare tire when you got a flat tire.  T-Mobile can't fix it overnight and requires Samsung sign off on things and implement the changes.  It doesn't work the other way around like people think(Samsung admitted this multiple times in the past 7 years).

• tmo_marissa

Hey drollem06. We're definitely seeing more reports of this -- but as we have a few threads already, we're going to steer everyone to debjitjdv's original thread at this point so that we can collect some details to pass to the DIGITS team. Do you mind visiting this thread: Cant send text message from DIGITS number and filling us in on a few details?
                    We'd greatly appreciate the following:

• device
                    • software version
                    • whether you've had a chance to test out the app in the interim and if you're able to send outgoing messages from your DIGITS line through the app
                    • any behavior you see when attempting to send a message if it's different from the red exclamation point

I know using the app negates the appeal of having a device with native DIGITS functionality, but we're throwing that bullet in just to see if there's a viable workaround. Thank you so much!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

UPDATE:

Hey, all! Just heard back from tmo_evan that this should be resolved. If you're still having trouble, please reboot -- and if you're unable to send SMS after a reboot, please let us know ASAP on the thread linked above! Thank you.

- Marissa