Branched to a new discussion.

Repeated lies about coverage issue

mrspike55

T-Mobile,

I have been reporting a coverage issue near the 600 Block of Railroad Ave. Pittsburg, CA 94565 via Twitter DM's for over year.
    They (T-Mobile Help) usually reply back that the tower(s) is being 'modernized' and will be better within 90 days... they has been repeated for over a year.
    Recently I checked again, and they said the tower was modernized and should be working fine.  It is not.  A ticket (#17447302) was opened.
    Today when I checked I was told the tower is congested and it will resolve soon.  

This tower is like this 24/7, it is not a heavily congested area, can someone from T-Mobile please address this?   Who do I need to contact to get this escalated?

All replies

• htghtg

Re: Repeated lies about coverage issue

Hello!

What phone do you use on the T-Mobile Network?

HTGHTG

• mrspike55

I am currently on a Samsung Galaxy S7, my wife's phone is a Moto G5 Plus, she has the same issue and I had the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S5

• mrspike55

Note, if I force my phone out of LTE mode, the speeds are a little bit better.  The phone signal bar shows very strong 4G LTE signal

• htghtg

Thank for getting back to me!

Hmmm. Were the Galaxy S7 + S5 bought from T-Mobile? It looks like there's Band 4 in the area, but Band 4 isn't really great at penetrating buildings. Is this only happening indoors? Or is the problem everywhere you go? Additionally, what speeds are you experiencing (LTE/not)?

You're right though- T-Mobile's coverage map shows great speeds and coverage while the crowd-sourced data shows weak signal and speeds around the area. You've already contacted them and created a ticket, so thats a good to hear.

Please let me know!

HTGHTG

Resources:

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • mrspike55

The S7 (and my older S5) were both from T-Mobile.  The Moto 5G Plus was just an unlocked phone from Amazon.
                      The speed tests I do / did, are all outdoors and I get similar results in a 1 square mile area.  I have had friends test, and they get similar results.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • tmo_marissa

Hey, mrspike55. Thanks so much for taking the time to post here; and for providing the ticket number. I went ahead and looked it up and it looks like the response back from the engineering team in this case did confirm that the site is congested. I understand that can be an awkward thing to hear, particularly when you're in an area that isn't congested, and where modernization was recently completed. It's strange but congestion doesn't necessarily refer to the number of overall people in an area, so much as the number of T-Mobile subscribers accessing the same cell site vs. how strong that site is. I noticed that you mentioned that the site is like this all of the time -- that's atypical of congestion, which tends to impact service most when most people are using it, but it's not entirely impossible if the network is taxed.
                          All that said, it may be possible to have the existing ticket reopened and escalated if there's more information to add or request -- T-Force would be able to take a look and let you know (the support team on Twitter that you've been working with). Also, while we're working on getting your service in the area up to snuff, can I ask if this is a residential or permanent business address? Have we looked into Wi-Fi calling or a CellSpot to resolve this in the meantime? I just want to make sure we're covering all bases!

- Marissa

• mrspike55

Marissa,

Thanks for reaching out.  The area affected is mixed residential and some small businesses.  It is an area 3/4 mile from my house that I frequent daily either on my walks, spending time at the park there or at one of the businesses.  At my house, which is 3/4 mile a away and at a rivers edge gets ZERO coverage inside or out and the only reason I am still a customer is the fact that TMO has given me a 4G LTE Cell Spot.
                              The solution does not work when I am walking or visiting the above area, nor can I leave or enter my street without losing the call.

• tmo_marissa

Oh, shoot. You're totally right -- there's not much in the way of mobile coverage devices we can offer to solve signal problems on your walk, and a guaranteed dropped call when you're entering or exiting your neighborhood doesn't sound fun. Does the business you frequent have WiFi that you can use while you're there?
                                  Again, I definitely understand that this isn't a substitute for the service you want to support you -- I do think it's worth reaching out to T-Force (social media support on FB or Twitter) to see if we can look up the historical ticket info and see if it's a candidate to be reopened so that our teams can ask our engineering folks to see if there's any additional insight we can offer. Knowing that the site is congested is at least an answer; but knowing a timeline for future improvement if one is available would be a little better for sure.

- Marissa

• mrspike55

I am going to wait a couple weeks and go back to the T-Force folks as they are now claiming that the modernization will be done at the end of this month (yeah, right)

• dragon1562

Let us know what happens. Trust me when I say that I know the growing pains well with T-mobile. My small town was on 2g for years then it got upgraded to LTE but without the proper backhaul. That took even more time to fix. Then finally after many phone calls and detailed reports things got better and I mean way better. Like 70mb down regularly via LTE. So yea just know things will work out and you will be happy you stuck through since I'm sure you have a better plan then they offer currently.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                            • tmo_chris

Please let us know how it goes! We are here for you