Device Unlock - Server Not Responding

iphydeauxi

I've tried several times to permanently unlock my phone with the app. I paid for it fully before I left the store. I've tried different towers, WiFi hotspots, towns, and times. Every time I get "Server not responding." I called customer support and they said they would email an unlock code in a day or so. Then I get the email... This device can't be unlocked with a code, use the device unlock app on your phone.

All replies

• iphydeauxi

Re: Device Unlock - Server Not Responding

Ok, I know I didn't actually ask a question. Can anyone help with this?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, iphydeauxi! Whether or not you technically used a question mark, I still totally understand what you're asking.
          What kind of phone are you using, and how long ago did you purchase the device? When the device is paid in full, there are still some other requirements that need to be met to be eligible for unlock -- is it possible that there's a hang-up on the usage or refill requirements outlined here: Unlock your mobile wireless device?

- Marissa

• iphydeauxi

I am using a Galaxy S8+. I've had it since June or July. From what I'm seeing, it doesn't look like an account issue but a communication issue. I've unlocked an LG Aristo and an LG G6 with this method before without issue. I have tried different connections and times of day to no avail. I've rebooted the phone and even pulled and reinserted the SIM card.

Screenshot_20171016-181934.png

• iphydeauxi

Screenshot_20171016-181943.png

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha -- that is definitely a lot of attempts! Have you been using the device on the T-Mobile network since you got it this summer? If the answer to that question is yes, then you'd definitely have satisfied the usage requirement if you have a postpaid account and it's in good standing. If you're trying this on and off of Wi-Fi and getting the same result, then here are the basic troubleshooting steps we'd recommend before we'd encourage you to Contact Us:

1. Turn Wi-Fi off.
                      2. Verify you have at least 2 bars of 3G/4G/LTE signal.
                      3. Check for app updates, and install them.
                      4. Clear the app cache.

If you've confirmed your eligibility against the link above, and tried these steps without success, then we'd want you to reach out for assistance so that we can try to get to the bottom of this. The app is definitely the only way to get one of these devices unlocked, so I'm sorry to read that we previously took up your time filing a request. If it's an option for you, then I'd recommend working with our T-Force team on FB (via Message) or Twitter (via DM) -- you can link to this thread since we've already discussed so much here!

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful