Not Receiving Text Messages on Moto G5plus phone?

n4391

I got my phone back in early September, and the default messaging app was working until around September 17th, but since then I haven't been able to receive any text messages.

all of my text messages get sent and are received on the other end but I can't get replies at all?!

i tried to look for some answers, like turning on SMS on "Android Wear" but my phone doesn't have that app.

Is there something I can do to fix this??

Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Wow, n4391, that's a long time to go without receiving texts. Let's figure out what's happening! Did you change anything on September 17th like a software update? Are you able to make and receive calls just fine?

We'll get to the bottom of this for you!

• tmo_mike_c

Hey n4391 , are you still having trouble with this? We do wanna help you get this resolved so please give us a reply back and let us know if you still need help. Thanks.

• tmo_marissa

Greetings, n4391! Just wanted to check in with you and see how things were going. I hope the message issues were just a blip, but if you're still having trouble, please let us know!

- Marissa

• gloriousght

I had the same problem and was very frustrated when I bought my moto g5 plus yesterday after my other phone died suddenly. However, I found an easy fix for it. works wonderfully. I found the answers on motorola solution page for the devise, with step by step instructions. now It works great on my phone, mms with photos no problem!  the couple of suggestions. when it gets to the mmc part of the instructions where it says it may vary by location in parenthesis, I didn't change that at all and left it like it was, as it was what tmobile had already in default. I figured it was probably set to my location already. if it didn't work the first time leaving it alone I would have changed those 2 numbers to the ones they offered but turned out didnt need to do it a second time or change them.

otherwise follow their directions exaclty, they have 23 slide of instructions pictures so to assure you'll know what to push and change. 

afterwards, when you are done and have restarted your devise, make sure that you accept or allow when it asks a prompt about sharing photos, videos accessing them, allowing camera function, this is necessary if you will ever want to share pics at all, to allow and say yes.

yesterday and earlier today I couldnt MMS or share photos from instant messaging, after finding the solution, in less than 10 minutes I was sharing large image files on instant messaging with my tmobile service on the Moto g5 plus. I am not a techy, so if I can do it, so can you, just follow the directions and you'll be as happy as I am. 

a good advice for this phone and any devise, before you change any settings, write down the original settings that you had so that if you need to for any reason you can put things back the way they were. theres often default setting features too, but that may not always be what you want but worse case scenario a go to. if you keep track of what it was at before you start changing things you can alway put them back. I usually either screen shot or write them down or both. also if it works for you, print out, save a printed pdf file to your computer or the link on how to do it, so if you ever need to redo it, you'll have the directions again, as there's too many steps to remember by heart. though unless something weird happens or you factor reset your phone, most likely you may not need the info, but its always good to have just in case. well I'm thrilled mine is working fabulously with my moto g5 plus at tmobile, good luck to you!

https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/home/device/motorola/moto-g5-plus/topic/mms/manual-configuration/choice/bsnl-mobile/1

1 of 1 people found this helpful