Tmobile Tuesday ugh,

jcwood

So, since upgrade to tmobile Tuesday last week, You now need to have instagram in order to play weekly sweepstakes. I as many others do not have social media nor would like to get it in order to play for weekly sweepstakes. I was told by customer service that it could be played online without instagram. I can not find anywhere this is possible to be done. Any Help would be appreciated!!

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Tmobile Tuesday ugh,

www.t-mobiletuesdays.com  I always use the web interface rather than the app.

• jcwood

Thanks for link. Unfortunately The current sweepstakes require you to have twitter in order to win up to 5000.00 worth of halloween stuff. That's what I'm refering to, not the every week stuff like movie ticket. This week it is called scary score

• tidbits

I never understood why the avoidance of social media.

I mean I them all but I don't use them other than sweepstakes for the most part.  Someone hacks it what information are they going to take?  I even use of the mark email account and password specifically for stuff I know I will get spam.  So if hackers want to take all that stuff off me lol be my guest. 

• jcwood

It's not hackers that are the issue. It's more, I've never had any social media, no facebook, instagram, myspace. Maybe because age difference. Maybe because when my family go out to eat we see lots of couples eating dinner while both dialing through their phones (no face to face social skills). We just this past weekend saw a father and daughter sitting together in the Food court of local mall (daughter was about 9) (father mid 30's) The entire time she ate, looking at him intently with love, he spent with earbuds in ear scrolling through his social media and continued to do so when they got up to walk the mall, with her running to keep up with his pace. So you see, I'm not the only one who feels this way. All t-mobile customers are not intertwined with social media. There is nothing wrong with it in my view. If it fits, go with it. It more about the degradation of a society. Age probably plays a big part in it as well.

• tidbits

Even still just because you have it doesn't mean you have to use it for that purpose.  I don't do social media, but some contests I try to get requires it.  So that's all it ever gets used for.  It's not about being intertwined to social media.

Personally I don't even think social media is what is degrading society.  It's the fact there are both parents working today more than ever than back when we were kids.  Back in the 50's and 60's there was always 1 parent to instill values, and took the time into their childs life.  Nowadays if both parents are not working full time good luck having a roof over your head.  This means less time into the childs life, and having someones else teach things to kids whether it's social media, TV, or some of their peers who are probably still learning values themselves. 

• barcodeable

I didn't participate in any sweepstakes... I have no interest in joining this to get that.

But i have rather enjoyed this weeks T-Mobile Tuesday:

Nordstrom $10 Gift Card

Dunkin Donuts $2 Gift Card x 7 = $14

Vudu Codes $5.50 x 7 = $38.50

Shell Gas .25 cents off per gallon

Halloween Costume 25% Discount

I can't wait for next week

• miket

barcodeable -

Question - Sounds like you have 7 lines since you got 7 x $5.50 Vudu credits.  Can you put all credits on one Vudu account or do you set up 7 separate Vudu accounts?   (We set up 2 separate accounts to get 2 credits.)

• barcodeable

I had to setup 7 Vudu accounts... to use the 7 credits. The awesome thing is, you are able to connect your Vudu accounts together. I can't think of the other name of the service, but it allows you to link them together Ultraviolet is the name.... I have many of my Vudu accounts linked via Ultraviolet... If you look into the Vudu settings you can manage your Ultraviolet account (merging them as one). I think there are limitations, the maximum you can merge I think is 5... It becomes very tedious doing all of this, its like a second job every T-Mobile Tuesday to get the Vudu codes from the T-Mobile Tuesday App and then to distribute the codes to each of my accounts prior to them expiring. Last month $38.50 of my Vudu codes expired because i forgot to input them into my seperate Vudu accounts

But anyway....... I have 5 unlimited lines that get the Vudu promo of $3.99 every month for having the Binge-On feature activated... that $3.99 can be compounded onto 1 Vudu account. I have done it a couple of weeks ago. But for whatever reason I am not able to combine more than 1 Vudu $5.50 credit. But I am able to combine a $5.50 Credit with a $3.99 credit...

• drnewcomb2

If the Vudu credits were a regular thing I'd turn on Binge On on my unlimited account, as that extra $3.99 can add a lot to the $5.50 T-Mobile Tuesdays credit but if it's only now and again, it's not that valuable. Besides, I've got Netflix and literally thousands of DVDs or movies on my server that I either have not watched or haven't watched for years. It's actually pretty hard to decide which movie on Vudu I want to watch and don't already have, in one form or another. So many of the movies made these days are worthless garbage. If you have not see "Their Finest", it's well worth the time. Unassuming little movie that many people missed.

• tmo_lauren

Hey there!

I am happy to get the feedback about social media accounts passed along! Being candid, I am not sure the practice will end because it does help offset the offers costs.

You can set up a spoof social media account that you don't plan to use for any other purposes!

-Lauren

• magenta3087398

After a resent update my T-Mobile Tuesday App no longer works. I reinstalled in and input my phone number as tech support suggested but it will not send a 4 digit PIN. Besides logging in on a desktop what can I do to resolve this issue?