Anyone getting error 409 while activating cellular with Apple SW3

rajdoves

I just want to check if I am the only one. This is my second try in getting Apple watch Series 3 cellular activating with TMO. Last time I got so frustrated that I returned the watch back to apple. This time after reading success in activation, I got another one from Apple store to find that it still gives me error 409. I had been to TMO store couple of times and spoke to digits support. Waited for 2 hours for some changes in back-end database but all in vain. I am still without any successful activation. The rep told he is escalating to developers directly but I am not sure if that will help either. Is there any one who can shed some light or help me here. I have tried pairing fresh. rebooting my iPhone and watch. I am on IOS 11.0.2, the latest.

Raj

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Sorry to hear you are still having issues getting your apple watch up and running! This specific error is actually due to the account not having any additional mobile internet lines available to activate without a deposit. The good news is this is something that is totally fixable. Please contact us again so our care teams can review your available lines and assist you with manually activating the watch. If they have any questions, please tell them to reference internal support document DOC-436594.