Contract buyout

bryceb

In store i was told I can get a trade in value for my phone that I can use towards the out the door cost of my new phone and still get my current device agreement paid off as well which is $427 as long as i port the number and buy a new phone on payments. The someone said if I trade in my phone it would deduct that from the visa card for the device agreement pay off amount.

Which one is true I get trade in value and my full device pay off amount or I can get a trade in value in store to help with out the door cost but it will deduct the trade in value from the visa card I will receive. Please help thank you

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Contract buyout

Say you owe $400 on the phone

You trade it in a pick up a new device.  You will get $400-Trade in in return.

• bryceb

So if I owe 400 and get a trade in value off say 200 then I will ink receive 200 on visa card?

• bryceb

Or I'll get the trade in value of 200 and the visa card of 400

• tidbits

bryceb wrote:

So if I owe 400 and get a trade in value off say 200 then I will ink receive 200 on visa card?

This one here.  The only way you'd get a $400 card is if you pick a 0 down device, and paid the tax out of pocket.

You are trade in your phone to get the $400, but since you are picking up a phone it will take some of that money to offset the initial costs and giving you the difference.