Sim for Promo Digit line aka Digits w/ paired data

akkumar

How do I get SIM for promo digit line? as mentioned in this thread.

"Anyways once this was clarified, it took less than an hour for *everything* to be setup and I had to do nothing at all. Effectively the only instruction I had to follow was "Call +1-844-889-5651". Everything including the pairing etc. was taken care of for me and soon I had two phones setup with my secondary having 512 Kbps data and I was able to get phone calls on both my phones at the same time with WiFi switched off on both!"

Re: Paired Digits not working

I called 611 and they are not able to help me. 844 number is not working now.

All replies

• akkumar

@tmo_chris can you help?

• tmo_chris

Hey there! What kind of promo line is this for? Was this for the DIGITS beta or the One Plus promotion? Do you currently have a Data with Paired DIGITS line on your account?  

• akkumar

This is Digits beta promo line. I don't have data paired with digits line, only talk and txt. I was involved in promo for digit on multiple device and multi line on single device.

After I secured Digits beta promo line, I was told SIM for this promo line aka data paired with digits line will be sent later.

Called customer care, they don't know anything about this or how to fix this?

I referenced the old thread which had the same issued and SIM was issued for digit line.

• debjitjdv

akkumar

If you have DIGITS Talk and Text line aka DIGITS Virtual Line (BETA Terminology), you dont need a SIM card. You can use the same DIGITS Talk and Text BETA Promo number on multiple devices using DIGITS app by downloading it from either Play Store or App Store.

You will never receive a SIM card for the DIGITS Talk and Text line.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • akkumar

Why's that? I want to use this digits line on secondary device.

When I got this promo line I was told digit system is new but you can always request sim for digit line.

Let me ask another way, how do I use this digit line on another secondary device which is not connected to any carrier network. I believe data with paired digits is required in order to use on other device. How to make that happen on this digit line?

• tmo_chris

I am sorry for the confusion! The Virtual line that you have can be used on any device even without a cellular connection as you can connect to DIGITS through Wi-Fi instead. During the beta, we allowed users to test virtual lines and duplicate lines, the duplicate lines were the only lines that you would receive a SIM card with. If you want to use virtual line with a SIM card, we would need to convert it to a standard voice line on your account but you would lose the promotional plan that you have from the beta.

• debjitjdv

akkumar

Let me get some basics very clear.

There are two different types of DIGITS possible.

1. DIGITS Talk and Text aka DIGITS Virtual Line (BETA terminology). Its a virtual number and no SIM card is associated with it. You can use it via DIGITS app (available in Play Store and App Store) in any of your connected device i.e. your laptop, dekstop, tablet, iPad etc. You need to sign in using your T-Mo ID and then you are good. You can use this DIGITS even if your tablet or iPad does not have a cellular connectivity. As long as you have internet connectivity it will work.

2. DATA with Paired DIGITS aka DUPLICATE SIM (BETA Terminology) is DIGITS where you get a SIM card which can be paired with any voice line available in your T-Mo account. This acts as a DUPLICATE SIM card for the primary voice line with which it is paired to. You can use it in any T-Mo compatible phone.  With this, you can make calls, send texts and recipient will see the number to which it is paired to as the caller ID. Additionally, in this one you get UNLIMITED data at 512 kbps speed.

The DIGITS promo line you got is of type 1. Hence, you cannot have a SIM card for it. You cannot convert that DIGITS BETA Promo line to type 2 without losing the promo. However, you can use the DIGITS BETA promo line in any of the connected devices you may have via DIGITS app.

Any other info you may have received from elsewhere except me, tmo_chris , tmo_evan , tmo_marissa and other tmo_<admins> is possibly wrong.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• tmo_chris

debjitjdv is correct