50% rebate via Prepaid MasterCard offer for new Google Pixel 2

vsiriwardena

I have some questions about your 50% rebate via Prepaid MasterCard offer.

(1) Can I get the rebate for more than 1 phone? i.e. if I have 2 or 3 lines with new phones then can I get a rebate for each phone/line that are part of one T-Mobile One family package?

(2) Is there a contract for each phone/line of service for which I get the rebate?

(3) Any fine print that I need to be aware of about this deal?

All replies

• tidbits

Unleash your Pixel 2.
        Get up to 50% back.

On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Video typically streams on smartphone/tablet at DVD quality (480p). Tethering at max 3G speeds.

Limited time offer; subject to change. Pixel Offer: Via prepaid card worth 50% of Pixel 2 64GB MSRP (other models cost more). Qual'g credit, new line of qualifying service, & proof of purchase from original retailer by 12/2/17. Max 4/account. We might ask for more information. Not combinable with some offers (e.g., Carrier Freedom, Get Out of the Red). Prepaid MasterCard® Card issued by Sunrise Banks N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted. Must be active and in good standing when card is processed. Allow 8 weeks. Prepaid MasterCard Card is rebate/reimbursement or exchange on port-in; for any tax implications, consult a tax advisor. No money has been paid by you for the card. T-Mobile One General Terms: Credit approval, deposit, and $25 SIM starter kit or, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 upgrade support charge may be required. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. See T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet for data management details.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
        • outerdock

I have a similar question.

If you are an existing customer, do you have to activate a new line to get the rebate? Last year I got the promo without having to get a new line.

It looks like the terms have changed this year.

• tidbits

outerdock wrote:

I have a similar question.

If you are an existing customer, do you have to activate a new line to get the rebate? Last year I got the promo without having to get a new line.

It looks like the terms have changed this year.

From their terms and conditions.

Via prepaid card worth 50% of Pixel 2 64GB MSRP (other models cost more). Qual'g credit, new line of qualifying service, & proof of purchase from original retailer by 12/2/17.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • magenta2824250

I chatted in and was told that you have to sign up for a new plan, so you can't keep your number if your want this deal. So basically, existing customers can keep their number and get the same deal if they go to Verizon.

• tidbits

magenta2824250 wrote:

I chatted in and was told that you have to sign up for a new plan, so you can't keep your number if your want this deal. So basically, existing customers can keep their number and get the same deal if they go to Verizon.

Yes you can port your number over... 

• vsiriwardena

This is incorrect information. Verizon offer is UPTO $300 for a trade-in of a recent high end device like iPhone 7, Samsung S7 or original Google Pixel and the actual amount you will receive is less than the actual market value of the device based on condition. You can easily get more by selling the device yourself on eBay, so this is not a deal at all as you would actually get less if you trade-in the device rather than selling it yourself. T-mobile office is not a trade-in; you just show proof of purchase and they will give a prepaid card, so you basically bring the device cost by $300 which is what you get after deducting the mandatory $25 from the $325.

If you don't want to keep on switching your number to get these type of deals just start using a Google Voice number as your primary number and you can set it to show on the caller id even when using the phone dialer through the Google Voice settings (unfortunately this cannot be done on iPhone - can do that only on Android devices). After that even if carrier number keeps on changing, nobody will know because your primary number is Google Voice. Calls received to that will be routed to your cell and users will see that as your number; even voice mail and messaging can be integrated so default phone apps use and show the Google number instead.

• tmo_chris

Great questions!

If you purchase 2 or 3 Google Pixel 2 phones from Best Buy, Google, or Verizon and activate or add on a new line of service on a qualified T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice Unlimited with unlimited data plan, you can get a maximum of $325 back for each device.

Once you receive your device, submit for a rebate on www.t-mobile.com/promotions using the code 17PIXEL2HALF within 30 days, beginning no sooner than October 18. Be sure you meet all requirements prior to submitting online.

There are no service contracts with T-Mobile so you do not need to worry about that to get your rebate.

As for the fine print, was the reply that @tidbits made what you were looking for?

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Did you still have any questions on this promotion?

• wardah

I guess my question is simply...what is so appealing about the Pixel 2? It seems inferior to flagship Samsung phones in every conceivable way except for the faster updates on Android.

• vsiriwardena

It gives you a Pure Android experience without the Samsung bloatware and unwanted software apps including the Bixby assistant. Who wants to have both Google Assiatnt and Bixby at same time? Only Pixel can give you a truly Pure Google experience.

• wardah

Yeah, I used the Nexus 6P for two years, but the pure android experience wasn't that amazing. Certainly not enough to overcome the huge bezels and short battery life on the Pixels. Or the missing headphone jack. Bixby is much better at using your apps to do things than Google Assistant is. Google is better at searching the internet. But when it comes to commands like "tell this app to do [example]" Google still lags behind Bixby. For example, I was once on the road and my friend asked me how far I was. I had my navigation up and wasn't going to text and drive. So I said "Okay Google, take a screenshot and text it to [Friend's name]." It took a screenshot and didn't know what to do with it. When I told it to send to that friend, it had forgotten all about the screenshot. So I tried the exact same command with Bixby, and she immediately did it. I just find that Bixby and Google Assistant fill each others' gaps quite well. This makes sense because Google knows how to search things online, and Samsung has always been good in their own Samsung universe. I do hate the bixby button, though.

Plus Samsung Pay is amazing and works AT EVERY FREAKING PLACE, unlike Android or Apple pay. The rewards are pretty generous, too.

I guess if I wanted professional-grade photos, I'd consider the Pixel for the camera, but my Note 8 takes awesome photos as it is.

I have to clarify that I am a total Google fan-boy and I was waiting for the Pixel 2 all year. But when it came out, I was very disappointed. Unless you're considering switching to Project Fi, I don't think it's a good purchase. For me, I was probably going to buy the note 8 anyway because T-mobile's buy one get one free on the Note 8 was too good to pass up for me and the wifey.

• tidbits

wardah wrote:

Yeah, I used the Nexus 6P for two years, but the pure android experience wasn't that amazing. Certainly not enough to overcome the huge bezels and short battery life on the Pixels. Or the missing headphone jack. Bixby is much better at using your apps to do things than Google Assistant is. Google is better at searching the internet. But when it comes to commands like "tell this app to do [example]" Google still lags behind Bixby. For example, I was once on the road and my friend asked me how far I was. I had my navigation up and wasn't going to text and drive. So I said "Okay Google, take a screenshot and text it to [Friend's name]." It took a screenshot and didn't know what to do with it. When I told it to send to that friend, it had forgotten all about the screenshot. So I tried the exact same command with Bixby, and she immediately did it. I just find that Bixby and Google Assistant fill each others' gaps quite well. This makes sense because Google knows how to search things online, and Samsung has always been good in their own Samsung universe. I do hate the bixby button, though.

Plus Samsung Pay is amazing and works AT EVERY FREAKING PLACE, unlike Android or Apple pay. The rewards are pretty generous, too.

I guess if I wanted professional-grade photos, I'd consider the Pixel for the camera, but my Note 8 takes awesome photos as it is.

I have to clarify that I am a total Google fan-boy and I was waiting for the Pixel 2 all year. But when it came out, I was very disappointed. Unless you're considering switching to Project Fi, I don't think it's a good purchase. For me, I was probably going to buy the note 8 anyway because T-mobile's buy one get one free on the Note 8 was too good to pass up for me and the wifey.

My Pixel 2 I get more battery life and I ever had with the most recent Samsung devices.  Also a lot of people don't mind the bezels and pray you don't break a screen with the small bezel devices.  From what I have seen they cost as much as 3 times the cost of screens with bezels.

Samsung pay is nice but the gap will disappear shortly.  You have to remember MST is going away in the near future like NEAR future.  At that point everything is going to be the same when that happens.

Also the experience between the 6P and the Pixel are night and day.  I was disappointed myself, and with the shipping debacle FedEx displayed with me it ruined my thought of purchasing the Pixel 2.  After 2 days I am glad I bought it and I use it way more than I do my S8+/Note8 to the point I returned my Note8 and my S8+ is delegated to be my backup in the even I break my Pixel 2.