Unlock when password forgotten

magenta2809401

I set up the fingerprint option but when my phone reset (weeks later) it required a password which I do not remember.  Please let me know if there is a way OTHER than a master reset as all my work contacts and pictures are on this phone......very frustrating!  I went in the store and they told me there was nothing they could do.  Why can't they match the serial # from my phone to my account?  Seems like a pretty simple security check.....

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Unlock when password forgotten

There are two PINs: the SIM PIN (which most people don't bother setting) and the phone's PIN (which a lot of people do set). Now, assuming you're taking about the phone PIN, did you change it from the default when you set the phone up? Have you tried the default PIN? If you did set a PIN when you set the phone up, have you tried the various "usual suspects", such as birth dates, anniversaries, etc?

I don't know of any way around the phone PIN. If you reset it, T-Mobile won't know it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tidbits

magenta2809401 wrote:

I set up the fingerprint option but when my phone reset (weeks later) it required a password which I do not remember. Please let me know if there is a way OTHER than a master reset as all my work contacts and pictures are on this phone......very frustrating! I went in the store and they told me there was nothing they could do. Why can't they match the serial # from my phone to my account? Seems like a pretty simple security check.....

Someone could fake it and get into your device would would defeat the purpose.

The problem arises that Carriers have no control of the security measures set by Google, and the manufacturers.  There is no backdoor to fix the problem, and backdoors are NEVER a good thing in terms of security.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_mike_c

Looks like you've gotten some good advice from our veteran users here. Did you need any more assistance? Please let us know if you were able to get your password unlocked. Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

Hi, magenta2809401! Just wanted to check in here and see if you were able to get your device unlocked or if you went the reset route. Let us know if you're still in need of any help!

- Marissa