Rebate promises are a joke.....

magenta2797277

We have been T-Mobile customers for 18+ years and struggle to understand how we can be lied to so often about a simple rebate. When we upgraded my wife's iPhone 6 for the iPhone 7+ we were "offered" the $300 rebate, we agreed and the sales person said :you will get it in the mail in 4-6 weeks. 2 weeks later I called to confirm it was in process and we were told it was never submitted by the store sales person. I spend 40 minutes on the phone with the rebate center to get it "submitted" again and was told we would see it around the 22nd of September. On October 2nd I called in to check on the card and was told that they did not keep a record of the transition....do I have it somewhere!! REALLY....

I logged onto the rebate website and saw that it was approved back yesterday, but the dollar amount says for 0 dollars. I asked the person on the call to provide me with the 877 number for the rebate center so I can call them in the morning. I was given the 877-311-8853 number, I called and entered my wife number and it told me the system can't find a rebate for it.

Overall I am completely feed up with the LIE from T-Mobile that the rebate would be handled, and I am tempted to return to the store tomorrow with my attorney and demand her old phone back since the T-Mobile rebate commitment was not honored.

I will expect a call from someone from T-Mobile with a CLEAR definition of why I am still waiting and when I will have the $300 promised gift card.

I will also be looking for a credit to my bill to compensate me for the time I am having to invest in getting this promised rebate to me!

Sincerely,

Loyal but fed up customer!

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Rebate promises are a joke.....

Hey magenta2797277

I am sorry to hear that you have had to jump through so many hoops to get your rebate. 18 years is a long time to be with any carrier and we greatly appreciate your loyalty! I want to make sure that you receive the rebate that you are eligible for and it sounds like you were calling the right number but did you get a chance to speak with a live representative when you called? The rebate care team will be able to do a full investigation of your account and see what the holdup is with your rebate.

To reach a live agent at the number you listed, you will need to :

Press 1 for English.

Press 2 for Terms & Conditions

Press 2 for General Instructions

Press 1 for Additional Assistance.