Apple Watch Series 3 backorder

magenta2822632

I ordered the Apple Watch series 3 42mm  gold-pink-sand band on 10/06/2017. My estimated ship date is 11/08/201 7-11/29/2017. Currently no funds has been  withdrawn from my account, I figured upon shipping out that’s when funds will be Deducted. does Anyone have the same estimated ship out date?????

All replies

• mag2849581

Re: Apple Watch Series 3 backorder

Yeap. tmobile actually withdrew the funds and had a 10/7-10/11 shipping date and out of no where it changed to 11/8-11/29

• tidbits

mag2849581 wrote:

Yeap. tmobile actually withdrew the funds and had a 10/7-10/11 shipping date and out of no where it changed to 11/8-11/29

Chances are you are being put on hold and not an actual charge.  It'll probably drop off in 10 days if it doesn't ship. 

Word of advice for future Apple purchases.  Buy directly from Apple.  They ALWAYS fulfill their backorders first before giving carriers anything.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_mike_c

Hi there! I know it's been a few days but I wanna make sure you weren't charged for the device yet. Sorry there's a delay, but please keep an eye on your order status for info on shipping.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • mag2849581

So you all were right it was a temp hold but for some reason this morning the temp hold was refreshed again (I got a message from my bank that the temp authorization was renewed) and the estimated ship date changed to 10/15-10/17 so i guess will see if the new date will hold true.

• tmo_chris

Hey folks! tidbits is correct. If you are seeing a charge on your account, it is most likely a hold. Only once the device is ready to ship will that hold process and the funds be removed from your account.

• thebrewerclan

This IS ridiculous!  And I suspect Apple is the main problem.  WHO and WHAT company establishes a Supply Chain Model that does the following:

1.  Holds Inventory for Themselves and Not Fulfillment based on Order Quantity

Apple is holding inventory in their very own stores, versus filling expectant orders customers have already made (you and I). I confirmed yesterday that my order for a 42mm SPace Grey with Black Band has slipped to January 2018 for fulfillment while the very product I want is immediately available on the local Apple Store

2.  Establishes expectations for profit and sales they cannot meet

Initial orders were not what was expected and yet now that we are, they are unable to meet their demands.  Companies SHOULD NOT be taking orders until they can ensure the bottlenecks that are choking the supply chain are cleared.  At a minimum, T-Mobile execs should be talking to Apple about a better means to get delivery.  T-Mobile is appearing the failure here with what appears to be little clout to actually make a difference.  When you call in, they tell you there is nothing they can do, and when you go to switch the order, they try and talk you out of it.  Lose-Lose as there is no product, and no firm data.

There has got to be a better way than this to meet a customer's needs.  A simply Customer Benefit Plan will tell you how messed up this is.

Meanwhile, like all of you, we wait 90 days before we get what we ordered........DISSATISFACTION

• mag2849581

Got mine last Friday . That was 2-3 week before the original estimated date that I was given and it was about the same estimate date had I ordered it from Apple

• magenta2822632

So this morning a pending transaction was made to bank account. Also the estimated shipment date changed  to 10/26-10/30 hopefully this is true!!!!

• magenta2822632

Great news!!!!! My order was shipped out today. Just waiting for the delivery date (Standard shipping) which means I won’t get till next week.