Email to Text Format

hshark

I use the tmomail gateway to get email notifications sent directly to my phone. On some cases, the sender is directly shown in the messaging window. In other case, the sender is a number with contents in this format: "Email"/"Subject"/"Message". If you reply the message goes to the sender in either case. I wonder what causes this difference.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Email to Text Format

I wanna help shine some light on this, so I have a few questions. When you say the sender sometimes shows up as a "number" do you mean a phone number or a short code? Also, do you happen to notice any trend with how the messages are being sent? For example, are these message being sent from the sender's email address or their tmomail.net address. Any other additional info will be helpful. Thanks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • hshark

Yes, sometimes the sender is shown as a short code on iPhone, while other times sender is directly shown as email. It seems that yahoo.com emails are more likely to be shown as short codes than any other providers.

• tmo_mike_c

I'm thinking this could be yahoo giving the message a short code instead of showing it as coming directly from the phone number or contact that you have in your phone. I don't believe there's any way to change that either. Do you notice a difference with yahoo sender's messages if they send an image or media versus just text?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • tmo_amanda

Happy Friday, hshark!

Are you still having issues with the email to text format? Mike made a great point above regarding Yahoo sending the message via short code instead of a phone number. Please let us know if you're still having issues along with the answer to Mike's recent question.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there. Any updates on this? Just checking in to see if you've noticed any difference.