Wireless charging paused

christexan

Installed the T-Mobile update a few days ago and ever since, phone will intermittently pause wireless charging on a Samsung fast charging pad. It lights up, does the charging tone, then reconnects and does the tone again. I keep the phone on my nightstand in case of emergencies (need to keep sound on). and it's waking me up throughout the night. Has anyone experienced this issue since the update?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Wireless charging paused

That is super strange! Is this still happening? You may want to try doing a system cache wipe on the phone as this will refresh some of the system settings. This will not erase any of your personal information. If you let me know which Samsung you are using, I can get you the exact steps.

• tmo_amanda

Happy Thursday, christexan!

I wanted to stop by to check in one last time to see if you've tried the system cache wipe on your phone yet. This may clear up the issues with your wireless charging. Since I'm not 100% sure which Samsung Galaxy device you're using here are the links to wipe the system cache for a few different devices: Note8 and Galaxy S8/+.

Please let us know if this does the trick!

• blackknight23

Did you put a different case or a case on the device recently? Ive noticed certain cases or misaligned phone to charger causes this. FYI

• blackknight23

Ive also had a similar issue, if the case isnt the issue try using the charger that came with the device a few days and restart everyday after 3 days go back to your wireless charger on the 4th day.

• joshysquashy2016

I am having this issue still. I've tried to do a system cache wipe, but my Note 8 is still having the "wireless charging paused" issue. I've been doing some research and the only conclusions I can come up with is that I either bought a fake Samsung wireless charger online, or it's the T-Mobile update. However, I've had this charger for a while and have never had an issue with it until now.

Thanks,

~Josh

• tmo_chris

Oh no! I am very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your wireless charging. Where specifically did you get this charger? Have you had the chance to try another charger or different wall outlet? If so, you may need to do a full factory reset on the phone.

• joshysquashy2016

Good Morning,

I have not been able to try a different charger yet. I got my charger from

Ebay. The seller listed it as a genuine Samsung Fast Wireless Charger, but

he is no longer a registered Ebay user. Therefore, I believe it is a fake;

maybe that is why I am having issues and should simply buy another charger?

I have tried different outlets, cords, wall adapters, etc.

Thank you,

~Josh P.

• tmo_chris

Oh man! Yeah, it is possible that this is not a genuine Samsung charger. As the OP pointed out, it was just his wall plug that he switched out and it fixed the issue. You may be able to stop by a T-Mobile store to test the fast wireless charging before purchasing a new one.

• kevintadams

My Note 8 this Saturday night did not charge on the wireless charger at night.  I noticed it appears to be connected, but it never charges.  Samsung support took me through steps that ended up in a factory reset, but I am still having the issues.   I have 4 wireless chargers in the house and my wife's Note 8 work's on them, but mine would not.  We have iphones that also still work on the wireless chargers, but mine would not charge.   Well this morning my wife's Note 8 did not charge last night and now her's is acting up like mine.    This is a weird coincidence, which leads me to some update is plaguing this vs. a hardware issue.   We both were using different wireless chargers that led up to this problem. 

Any  updates out there that could have disabled this feature?