Galaxy S8 screen spontaneously cracking on his own?

am321

I'm having screen problems with my Galaxy S8. What happens is, I randomly get a unnoticeable crack on my phone. I figured it out by putting my fingernail on the screen, and going through the the screen. And then I feel the crack on one part of the screen. After a while, the crack expands to where it's noticeable with the naked eye now. Then it gets to the point that I need to get a replacement phone.

The phone has not been dropped, and it's fully enclosed in a Lifeproof case. This is also not the first Galaxy S8 to do this to me, as well. Also, other prior Galaxy S phone models have done that in the past. Even T-Mobile gave me a replacement device through warranty, and didn't charge me anything. When it does crack in this fashion.

So after so many phone's being defective like this. I also went on Samsung's official fourm site and a post about this issue. But within 5 minutes, Samsung took away the post. Which the same thing happened again, when I made another post. Or posted it the same thing in someone else's post, to the same issue(which to me, means they're trying to hide something). Then I'm also called Samsung, a few times now and in the past about it. But they're pointing fingers at me. Blaming it on me, and they keep telling me how it's my fault. Which they then refuse to help me at all cost. So basically, I got absolutely nowhere multiple times with Samsung.

I've also seen on Samsung's official fourns site, other post about this related to the S8 and S8+. Even in one of them, they provide multiple links to other reports of the same issue.

Also, once or twice in the past period I've had to get a replacement device via insurance as well(because I was not so lucky with T-mobile then), for something that is a clear manufacturers defect! Which I think is totally unacceptable!

So now I do not know what to do question mark exclamation mark I honestly want Samsung to admit this issue! As Gorilla Glass used on the phone, is either cheaply made or has a defect!

Also, I think T-Mobile should let me get out of my phone because of manufacturer issues that Samsung is clearly not admiting  multiple times with multiple Samsung Galaxy S models. Which even some of the models were brand new at the time.

I also, do not want to hear a generic response from any of the T-Mobile reps, in this community forum! I want a serious non-generic responses! Because I'm really getting fed up!

I really thank amd appreciate all the help, from other members, and the T-Mobile reps in this community forum in advance!

All replies

• am321

Sorry for the misspelling period I was using voice to text.

• am321

So basically, the bottom line is different Mario Galaxy S and specifically Galaxy S8 phones. I've been doing the exact same thing. Witch you pay so much money for the device, that this is completely unacceptable!

• tmo_amanda

Hey, am321!

Gosh, this isn't a fun situation at all. It's pretty clear that you're trying to find a solution as well as make Samsung aware of what's going on. I searched high and low to see if we had any documentation about this. Unfortunately, it hasn't been defined as a known issue which in turn means that an insurance claim would have to be filed in order to get the screen replaced vs a warranty claim which was completed in the past for you. I know this isn't the news you were looking for as it sounds like you take pretty good care of your phones. LifeProof cases are the best, in my opinion! Again, I'm so sorry I can't be of more help to your situation. While we carry the device as a wireless provider, the issue ultimately lies with the manufacturer.

• am321

The thing is, this has been going on for me with previous Galaxy models when they were new on the market as well. Starting with the Galaxy S6 Edge+. I've even reported this to T-Mobile before. And if you look in my account from last year. You'll even see how you gave me two replacement devices under warranty, and up until today now you haven't charged me any fees for voiding the warranty. But it was strictly for the phone cracking on its own. Which again can be verified by you looking in your system. Not to mention there's also happened to me on the Galaxy S7, and now the Galaxy S8. This is a part of the Gorilla Glass be cheaply made, or having a malfunction. Which needs to be addressed by Samsung, and I shouldn't have to go through warranty, to replace something at the fault of Samsung.

Even on Samsung's official fourm website, there's a bunch of different post related to the S8 and S8+  wicker screen spontaneously crack on its own

• am321

Sorry, this is what I meant to say.

The thing is, this has been going on for me with previous Galaxy models when they were new on the market as well. Starting with the Galaxy S6 Edge+. I've even reported this to T-Mobile before. And if you look in my account from last year. You'll even see how you gave me two replacement devices under warranty, and up until today now you haven't charged me any fees for voiding the warranty. So that to me means, that T-mobile, on the behalf of Samsung. Accepts blames for the screen craking in it's own because you never charged me a void fee, and accepted this under warranty. This was strictly for the phone cracking on its own, which again can be verified by you looking in your system. Not to mention there's also happened to me on the Galaxy S7, and now the Galaxy S8. This is because the Gorilla Glass is bing cheaply made, or having a malfunction. Which needs to be addressed by Samsung, and I shouldn't have to go through warray, to replace something at the fault of Samsung.

Even on Samsung's official fourm website, there's a bunch of different post related to the S8 and S8+  about screen spontaneously cracking on its own. I even made a post on the site, and with in 5 min it got completely removed twice. Which I wasn't threatening anybody, and I wasn't going against any rules on the site. That to me tells me that there's something fishy going on, remove a post twice in 5 minutes or less. But other post on Samsung's official fourm site. Claim, one reason is because when charging the phone it gets really hot, and causes the gorilla glass to crack. Then eventually expand, and get bigger.

So something clearly has to happen, and change!

I am a lawyer, and if Samsung doesn't get to the bottom of this, I have no choice but to send a letter to Samsung from my law office, and then file a lawsuit against Samsung. Maybe even a class action lawsuit, with the other people on Samsung official forum website. I totally understand, that T-Mobile has nothing to do with the manufacturer of the phone. Which this is nothing against T-Mobile, and I won't include you in this. But the reason I'm bringing it to you guys attention is because I've called Samsung at least 10 times. Plus the fact that it's been multiple models in a row, while they were new on the market. Plus I've even spoke to tier 3 managers, that was rude, nasty, didn't care, and even hung up on the call. That I've even called Samsung corporate, which doesn't care, and never wanted to speak to me. They just sent me back down to the regular 800 number customer support, which was again no help.

So at the end of the day, it's clearly not me other people are also having this problem. This really needs to be addressed!

• am321

The thing is, at the end of the day. I don't even want a replacement device, under warranty or insurance. I just want done, what is morally correct for the customers.

• am321

By the way, here are two different post from Samsung's official forum website. One of them even has someone replying, showing multiple links to

Other people having the same issue, and talking about it.

Spontaneous screen crack - Samsung Community - 110007

Solved: Samsung s8+ screen cracked by itself - Samsung Community - 122642