Branched from an earlier discussion.

Netflix On Us

jonathanpickens78@gmail.com

I'm one of the very extremely hurt, sad, frustrated and disappointed people that felt very deceived after the Netflix promo went live and I was so excited about it and told all my family and friends "wow hey, I literally JUST added my mom and got a family line and now they offer Netflix this is so epic" and told my mother and everyone and on the date, was horrified and my heart sunk when I found out that I didn't qualify because I was on the 2 lines for $100/mo plan.. I felt like an idiot and had to explain to my mom that we didn't qualify for the free Netflix. Wow T-Mobile/John Legere how utterly cheap and stingy of you and unfair! If you're going to offer something like that, there should be no exceptions for people on a discounted rate! If the promo is Netflix for people on a FAMILY PLAN, then that's what I thought it was and should be! Didn't read that fine print that I was excluded because I'm on a promo and I'd have to be off of a promo and paying $30+/mo to qualify which is utterly non sensical as Netflix is $9.99/mo so what's the benefit or bonus that I'm getting? It's basically just a huge let down. Thanks for nothing. Otherwise, all else is OK.

All replies

• barcodeable

Re: Netflix On Us

Netflix is an awesome perk! (but as you stated) It's for the T-Mobile One subscribers...

if you are on the Simple Choice 2 for $100 Unlimited Promo (there are perks for being on that plan that T-Mobile One Subscribers don't qualify for)

Vudu Credits $3.99 value every month

Napster unRadio $4.99 value every month

depending on how many lines you have... $9.99 Netflix doesn't compare.

I have the 2 for $100 promo, I was sad about not being eligible for Netflix, until i understood that it was a promo specifically for promoting T-Mobile ONE services.

• smplyunprdctble

One day, I need to go back and look at what promos I qualify for.

I don't think it's many because I have one of those "super-grandfathered" plans.

• jonathanpickens78@gmail.com

I understand the whole "You can't miss what you never had", "Nothing in life is free", etc. but the principle that many are seem to be missing is that it's the fact that they're offering a goodie to a select group of people (people on a family plan. The definition of which is simply more than one line. Two or more lines). And then they're creating EXCLUSIONS so, no they don't OWE anyone anything other than providing the service of having a working phone technically, if you want to get blunt about it! There don't have to be T-Mobile Tuesdays or any random promos at all! Let's even take that for example. Let's say they ONLY made T-Mobile Tuesdays and ANY promos strictly for accounts that AREN'T on a discounted rate OR the One Plans (essentially excluding customers that are grandfathered on the older plans and refuse to switch to the One Unlimited Plans). That would suck! It's the equivalent of giving one of your children an extra scoop of ice cream for dessert and not the other. Neither one of them needs the ice cream nor are you obligated to give them the ice cream. But you're preferentially selecting one to give an extra scoop. That's the way I look at it.

Sent from BlueMail

• gramps28

If they told me the Tmobile Tuesday's weren't available on my plan it wouldn't

bother me since I only use it for the Shell gas discount but Tmobile offers it to every

subscriber on every plan.

So if Tmobile did give you Netflix and you have more than 2 lines on your account

some people on you plan aren't going to get their "scoop of ice cream" since Netflix

is only available to 2 lines.

• jonathanpickens78@gmail.com

YOU are choosing not to take advantage of the bennie/goodie bag! That's YOUR prerogative! Frankly I don't care what you do! I don't have a car so the free/discounted gas perk in the T-Mobile Free Tuesday scenario, which I was merely using as an example, is irrelevant and futile to me which further reinforces my point. Regarding your other issue that the Netflix "perk" is completely at the company's discretion and exclusions should be of consequence nor should customers feel pissed or disappointment, I disagree with you and you still fail to understand the marketing, business strategy and trickery involved. And as far is it being an "exclusion within an exclusion" or say, "Well say if Netflix was open to EVERYONE on family plans (no exclusions or terms. Simply one or more lines. Grandfathered accounts. Promo discounted rates. Whatever) VS. Single line accounts as either a perk or incentive to add a family member, spouse, whomever would be a totally marketing promotion than other restrictive prohibitive underhanded "fine line terms". That investment the company is putting forth of $9.99+ taxes and fees multiplied by the millions of subscribers that the company is going to attract with the increased sales from multiple lines/family plans will offset/balance and and ultimately be a boost. Regarding the same marketing scheme the same way creating an exclusion of family plans and ONLY accounts that are paying standard rates (prohibitive of a $30/customer per account difference) I don't think is deceptive and bad business. One would have to be familiar with marketing, advertising and sales strategy to know these things and the long term effects. Hopefully down the road, they'll be extended to other customers or when rates inevitably increase, we continue to get more goodies and freebies!

Sent from BlueMail

• gramps28

I'm on the 55+ One promo family plan for $60 and I'm fine with not getting

Netflix because I knew there was going to be a catch.

• gus2532

Why so mad, they are a COMPANY!!!!! People often forget that, they want money and will never do anything that will not benefit them in any way. They are paying Netflix for this you know. It doesn’t benefit them to pay for a $9.99 subscription for a single line plan, nor $7.99. Why do you think they charge $2 for family plans wanting the $11.99 version, because if they dont, they‘d end up not getting any money out of it. Discounted plans are the same, how would they get money out of it. They pay way too much for roaming agreements, deployment, and that new spectrum. It’s just not worth it for them, so cut them some slack, I haven’t seen another company do what they do. AT&T offers their own streaming services, which costs them nothing and benefits them. T-MOBILE is paying Netflix!!! Y’all need to understand that.