I have been experiencing a ridiculous number of transfers, often circling back to the original department that transferred me in the first place and the last agent actually asked me if I "had an iPhone connected to the account" after he had just attempted to walk me through the Cellular activation workflow from within the Apple Watch app, on the iPhone ITSELF!
Now I'm hoping to reach out to the community and get a bit more effective support.
- Purchased Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular from the Apple online store 1 minute after pre-orders began.
- We have the Simple Choice Promo plan, with 2 iPhones and 2 iPads configured on the account.
- On my iPhone, I open the Apple Watch app
- I tap on the My Watch tab and scroll to and tap Cellular
- I then tap Set Up Cellular
- I proceed through the T-Mobile branded activation workflow, providing the last four SSN for the account, select the ONLY "eligible rate plan" displayed: "Data with Paird DIGITS $10/month, first 3 months free" and click Next
- On the Plan Summary, I click Next
- On the Terms of Service, I click Accept
- On the Service Agreement, I click Accept
- I then receive the message:
Please contact our T-Mobile support organization for assistance with your account.
1. On the Watch, I navigate to Settings | Cellular
PLAN: No Sim
Status: No Connection
2. On the Watch, I navigate to Settings | General | About
Carrier: Not Available
ICCID: No Sim
I would really appreciate someone from T-Mobile to review these steps, understand I do not have a rate plan configured, I've unpaired and repaired my watch 3 times, and had multiple support calls with Apple, T-Mobile, AND a conference call with BOTH Apple AND T-Mobile and the instructions were to "Just keep trying"
THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I work in software and that's to say I know my way around an operating system and I am receiving ZERO competent assistance.
I have video and screenshots of all of this (simply need to obscure my IMEI, EID, and SSN and can follow up with it in the post. If ANYONE can assist with this, it would be appreciated.