Security issues on T-Mobile Revvl

col_striker

Well I would ask some questions about the Revvl having major security issues but it seems I can't see what I'm writing because I can't move the screen to see it all so please just ask an I'll try my best to answer I need all the help I can get please read the tags in place on here thanks . I need help very quickly thanks

All replies

• col_striker

Re: Security issues on T-Mobile Revvl

I have alot of major issues .

1. In the section for about phone . It does not show my phone number or who is my carrier or other Vital Information.

2. I believe there is a hacking issue with my T-Mobile Revvl device. That is a major security issue that must be fixed immediately.

3. My Bluetooth is being turned on randomly without my permission with no authorization by me at all. Where it should only be authorized through my fingerprint as it is being scanned and it is not being done as so.

4. There has been glitches as I am on a web page where it will not scroll down it will jump erratically up and down and we'll only stay at one point of the screen and I'll have to reboot my device for it to work properly the next go-around.

5. Does T-Mobile provide an anti-virus program that's properly designed and built for the Revvl or for all T-Mobile customer's. 

6. Plus many other issues were flashlight is being turned on when the phone is off and I am not touching the screen also wifi being randomly turned off, also airplane mode has been activated without my permission. My 4G LTE in my location mode is all been turned off randomly without my permission.

7. Fingerprint scanner needs to be updated what can I do to fix it. It still has too many bugs it will show the picture of the page before showing the fingerprint scanner. Which also shows as a security issue and then showing pictures or what is written on the screen. The page should only pull up after the fingerprint scanner has been used not before. So if I was going into an app or to a certain program the fingerprint scanner should only be shown and then used then that page or app would be allowed to be pulled up and seen not before the fingerprint scanner is being used.

• col_striker

All the help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.☺️

• tmo_lauren

Oh goodness.

So sorry for the response delay, this is definitely something we don't want you to have to keep worrying about. Have you performed any resets on the device to see if the problems mentioned stop? Do you have any issues with standard device functions?

Thank you so much and we hope to help get this resolved ASAP!

-Lauren

• tmo_mike_c

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your phone. Have you taken a look at the suggestion above? Please give us a holler back and let us know if things are working Thank you!

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just wanted to reach out to see if you'd had a chance to reset the device, and if that had improved matters at all. Please let us know how you're doing!

- Marissa

• col_striker

Hi Marissa . Yes I have reseted the device and it seems to be doing okay

but if I'm online there has been pages popping up talking about my device

has a virus an it actually says what my device model is an sometimes I

can't back out of the page I will have to do a complete shutdown and

restart of my device an I have tried many anti virus programs and none of

them will stop it from appearing .

• tmo_lauren

Hey there! I'm glad the reset is treating you well.

Where are you at when these threads pop up? We will sometimes see this as a known issue when people are clicking links through social media sites such as FB and in their browser.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • dragon1562

Those webpages that you are visiting are lying to you. Just hit ok and close the page. Also it sounds like you are doing stuff that might be putting your device at risk. I recommend uninstalling any apps that did not come with the phone and then only installing apps that are trusted. Also your phone doesn't need antivirus software.They usually just eat up resources and slow the device down. If you feel the need to use them though just go with lookout. Although your best bet is to just avoid sketchy websites in the first place.

Hope this info is of some help and if you need to know anything else I'll do my best to help.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Did you purchase your phone with JUMP? If you have the JUMP feature on your account, you can get Lookout Premium which is an awesome anti-virus/malware/spyware app. There is also a free version if you do not have jump or don't want to pay additional for the premium option.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • tmo_marissa

Hi again, col_striker. Just wanted to touch base here and make sure you'd had a chance to look over Lauren's reply and Chris's suggestion about Lookout. We hope you're doing well, please let us know if you have any more questions we can assist with!

- Marissa