where is the rebate I was promised.

magenta2759809

I would like to know how o file a formal complaint against Tmoblie. I am a long time customer and feel like, Tmoblie is trying to "screw me over".  I chatted, emailed and spoke on the phone with several representatives. The emails go un-responded to, the chats and phone calls all end the same { you should receive you rebate within x amount of time}.   I jumped to the new S8 during a promotion of buy one get one. With the understanding after 3 months of payment I would receive a Master card rebate to pay off the balance of the "free" phone. 3 months came around, and it showed denied. I call and I and told that was due to being placed on the wrong phone plan and under that plan I did not qualify. Tmoblie representative fault for not their job correctly, but no biggie they put me on the correct plan resubmitted the rebate told me with in 10 days I should receive the card. Wrong, I still hadn't received the card, called again and was told they could do nothing until 30 days pasted, but not to worry the card should be here before the 30 days, Its going on 45 days, I call AGAIN and I'm told they mailed the card but it got sent back to them but they would re-mail it right away, if I had not received it with 10 days to call them back. Tomorrow is the 10th day and still no card. Something needs to be done do you expect me to just give up on something that was promised? I'm starting to feel like this was done with intent, how do you put me on the wrong plan to begin with when you gave me the info about the rebate, I keep my end of the deal and pay my bill keep yours and give me what I'm entitled to.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: where is the rebate I was promised.

Hey magenta2759809 

I don't want you to miss out on a rebate that you were promised! We are going to need to take a closer look at your account here to see exactly what has happened so if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please use the links in my signature so that you can speak directly with our T-Force team. They will do a full review of your account and get to the bottom of this with you.

• magenta2759809

Yes i followed your link and again nothing, It should arrive 6-8 weeks. ITS BEEN almost 6 months. the Tforce team has actually  been the worst yet of the customer service I've received. Oh sure they are nice not rude as no one has been but they have told me ANYTHING the other associates haven't already told me.

• tmo_chris

Oh no! I am so sorry  Did the T-Force team let you know that the rebate had been resubmitted and that it can take 6-8 weeks? If so, do you know when it was resubmitted? I know you said that you have spoken to our care teams multiple times on this but have you spoke with our rebate team directly?

You can reach them at 1-877-311-8853

To get a live agent, please follow these phone prompts.

1. 1. Press 1 for English.
              2. 2. Press 2 for Terms & Conditions
              3. 3. Press 2 for General Instructions
              4. 4. Press 1 for Additional Assistance
                • megmeg78

I am in almost the exact situation as this, except that I have been waiting for my rebate card for over 5 months!!! I purchased a new LG G6 on May 4th of this year. The T-Mobile promotion at that time was if you purchased a new G6 phone then you could receive a free LG G PAD X 8.0 tablet. There was also an additional promotion that included a free new Google Home system from LG. I was told that the free tablet would be in the form of a rebate card that would come in the mail after 6-8 weeks. I filled out all necessary forms and registered everything exactly the way I was supposed to on the very same day. The tablet was put onto my bill as an installment purchase and the rebate card was supposed to be what I used to pay off the tablet in full. Well, like I mentioned earlier, it has now been over 5 months and still no sign of my promised rebate card. What's even worse is that I've had to make monthly installment payments and other crap fees all this time which I can't even afford. The only reason I took the tablet was because it wasn't supposed to cost me anything. I have done everything this other person wrote about doing and I have had ZERO success no matter what I do or who I talk to. I received the free Google Home system and a free personal cellspot in less than two weeks, but no sign of that rebate card anywhere. I have been a long-time T-Mobile customer and this is the first serious problem I've ever had with them, but this is beyond bullsh*t ridiculous. I'm frustrated and super upset that this is still going on. I feel lied to, ripped off, and 100% fed up. I now see that I'm not the only person this has happened to so that's what led me to make this comment. (My insanely long rant about my missing rebate card and T-Mobile's inability to do something about it.) That's all for now... 

• magenta2759809

Yes, we are in the same situation, unfortunately.  I received a home entertainment kit no problem, but was promised the rebate to pay off one phone. I would not have gotten the extra phone if I was not under the assumption I would only have to make 3 monthly payments and then could use the rebate to pay off the remaining balance, because like you I really can't afford 2 EIP phone charges a month. Yet, I have been forced to do so, or  break my contract and ruin my credit.  I'm at the point were I have asked them to forget about mailing the card just apply the $750 dollars to my account forwards my EIP and that isn't acceptable either I do know I won't give up and will search for a new carrier once my contract is up.  Good luck, I hope we both will be given what we were promised.

• tmo_chris

megmeg78 & magenta2759809  I definitely want you folks to get the rebates and promotions you were promised. Here on a community forum, we do not have access to user accounts so we cannot see all the specifics regarding your accounts. The number and steps I posted above will get you directly to a live agent in the rebate team. The rebate folks are going to be the most qualified to look over your situations and I have full confidence that they will be able to assist you.  

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            • megmeg78

I just wanted to let you know that last week my situation was officially resolved! After months of getting the runaround and told that there was no record of my rebate, etc, I finally received my rebate as well as an automatic reimbursement to my account for the inconvenience and mistakes made on T-Mobile's side. I went into the newly opened local T-Mobile store and both the salesperson and manager were able to successfully fix my situation that very night!!! I'm much happier now, just saying... ☺

• magenta2759809

Just want to give an update on my situation. One, because I believe in fairness and two  someone else can attempt to get help the way I did.  After months of trying to have my rebate card mailed to me, I called yesterday and I was told, "we can not mail you, the rebate Mastercard" Yes, the my first thought was....you've told me it had already been mailed TWICE, once it was sent back and the second time I had to wait 30 days before another action could be taken. Anyway to make a long story short, Tmoblie did apply the full rebate amount to my account, I can use it to pay my monthly bill and apply the money I would have spent on my bill towards the EIP amount, I am satisfied with this action, just wish I wouldn't have had to beg and plead for it. Moral of this comment is, I was FINALLY given my rebate not in form I was expecting, but nonetheless I did receive my rebate and I am okay with the way it was awarded to me. I hope this helps anyone else that is having issues receiving a rebate they were promised, 

1 of 1 people found this helpful