Error: Forbidden, please retry

fm33

Fairly regularly I've been seeing an issue where all or some of my digits lines disconnect and the error displayed in settings is "Forbidden, please retry" under each of the impacted lines.

The other issue is that when this happens, there is no notification that a line has disconnected, so I have no idea I am missing calls.  It would be great to see notifications when a line disconnects, we already get them when a line is connected on other devices, so this shouldn't be too hard.

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: Error: Forbidden, please retry

fm33

This is a known issue to the engineers and they are trying to figure out the root cause.

• fm33

Thanks.  I didn't see anything when I searched for it.

From my basic testing, my guess is that it has to do something with losing/regaining signal.  I see it most often when I'm in/out of areas with no coverage (subways, elevators, etc).

My biggest issue is there is no notification that it's even happened so I sometimes don't know for hours that a line has gone offline.

• debjitjdv

I have reported this via PMs to admins like tmo_chris . So the ngineers are working on a fix. If you see most of the time when you are losing cell signal, that possibly something cant be done until the signal is regained especially LTE. Keep an eye and please suggest if you see this if you are in the coverage area which is a bad thing.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • debjitjdv

fm33

Can you do the following please:

1. Logout from the DIGITS app. Make sure  you delete the line data by checking off the tick mark.

2. Uninstall the DIGITS app. Reboot your device.

3. Install DIGITS from the Play Store / App Store and relogin.

4. Please activate the lines.

I got the info that the engineers are able to find some issues and they have isolated and fixed them. I am not seeing the Forbidden Error recently in past 2 3 days which is used to happen now and then for me. Please post your experience.