Digits PC app is failing to start

magenta2662975

Details of the error

TypeError: Error processing the argument at index 0, conversion failure from undefined

This is new, the app has been loading flawlessly for days, not sure what has changed.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have the same issue  Any thoughts on how to fix?

All replies

• afgeek

Re: Digits PC app is failing to start

I am having the same issue.  I called into support.  they are looking into the issue.

• keitdub

I'm having the same issue. The app crashed and then when attempting to restart, it goes in to a loop with a pop up winder that asks to restart the app. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result.

There was another response on a different thread where person was able to successfully resolve this by reinstalling the Java Runtime. I'm running Windows 10 and there doesn't appear to be the runtime installed.

Can you tell me what the registry keys are so I can truly uninstall this app? Or do you have guidance on how to fix this?

Something changed and it's not just a one off person with this issue.

• tmo_lauren

Sorry to see the issues, but thanks for reaching out!

Is this happening intermittently, or 100% of the time? Is it the same error every time? What device are you using?

I am going to try and gather what details I can and pass them along to the DIGITs team

Thanks in advance!

-Lauren

• keitdub

I had to kill it through Task Manager, so yes I did that. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times with the same results.

• tmo_lauren

I'm in contact with the DIGITs team and they are in contact with the team who handles the desktop client! No actionable info yet, but as soon as I know more I will be sure to post in here!

-Lauren

• tmo_lauren

Alright! The DIGITS team has gone ahead and provided some steps as well as some more info. It looks like they are working on a new build for Windows 10, but in the mean time, the steps below should help

1. Quit the T-Mobile DIGITS client App
                  2. Depends on the path on the location of the laptops sometimes the T-Mobile Digits folder resides under following path:
                  3. Go to this path folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
                  4. Remove/Delete the T-Mobile Digits folder

OR

1. Go to this path folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming
                  2. Remove/Delete the T-Mobile Digits folder
                  3. Relaunch the T-Mobile Digits App and it should work

Please let me know if these steps help!

-Lauren

• magenta2662975

Lauren,

I deleted the Digits folder under Local first, but unfortunately that was

the folder that the shortcut was pointing to. So when I tried to start the

digits app it could not find the folder that the shortcut was pointing to

and it would not start.

I then deleted the digits app in the Roaming folder, then re-installed the

app and now everything works.

You should update your instructions to either delete both folders or

determine which folder the shortcut is pointing to and then delete the

other.

In either case, it now works

Thanks for your persistence,

Steve

• tmo_lauren

That's good feedback, I'm glad you were still able to find a fix by adding the extra step. I'll work on getting that edited.

I'm glad to see it now working!

As mentioned before, the team is working to ensure the program itself has a greater fix, so thanks for working with the work around in the mean time!

-Lauren