Stealing our money?

magenta2746429

Hi, just added a $10 refill to our $3/month account and it says, "$13.20 use by 12/25/2017"

Does this mean our $13 credit will expire at the end of this year and we have to start again at the beginning of next year or WHAT?

That is NOT UN-carrier fairness.

When did we agree to that thievery?

Thanks

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Stealing our money?

If you add funds to the account before 12/25/17 the left over funds will roll over another 3 months.

With prepaid accounts if you don't renew your plan for 90 days the account will be closed.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta2746429! Sorry if this message caused you alarm! Do you know what type of Pay As You Go plan you have? A legacy Pay As You Go plan has a standard 90 day expiration rate until you reach Gold status, as gramps28 mentioned. You may be getting this message by default, though. Current Pay As You Go plans don't expire based on a time limit, but remain active as long as funds are available whether or not you're utilizing the line. The balance will continue to deplete by $3 increments every 30 days from your start date (not necessarily the same as your refill date). If your plan's start date is the 10th of September, for example, your $13.20 would be $10.20 after October 10, $7.20 after November 9, $4.20 after December 9, and then $1.20 after January 8, assuming that you never used more than the 30 minute/message increments allotted by the basic $3.00 refill.

- Marissa

• magenta2746429

Thanks for the replies, no idea what kind of prepaid we have, but I just checked our Profile and it shows "Last updated on 7/20/2015"

I am pretty-sure I signed up before even that. But, we have been using the account since at least 7/2015 without ever seeing that notice before when I refill the account, always at $10/time so there have been lots of $10 visits!

>> The balance will continue to deplete by $3 increments every 30 days from your start date

That's what has been happening and no idea why we are now getting a time limit. So where does that leave us?

• tmo_marissa

That is odd -- I would think that if you were on a Legacy Pay As You Go plan, or if the message were a default, you'd have seen it sooner one way or the other! If I'd made multiple similar re-ups and were seeing this for the first time, I'd be concerned, too.
                  It's possible that it's a site glitch, but I think that's still something we'd like reported. I think the safest bet at this point would be to have someone who can take a peek at your account and check the plan type confirm which plan you're on. While we don't have an account verification method through this public forum, our T-Force team through Twitter or Facebook do, if you'd prefer to stay online! You're also always welcome to call our Care team and check. Please let me know how it goes!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there, magenta2746429! Just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going. Were you able to work with T-Force or Customer Care to get some more details about your plan?

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Just stopping in to see if you've taken the suggestion above and contacted our T-Force folks. Please come back and keep us updated on what happened. Thank you!