Apple Watch 3 Activation Error

atomicdog

I have a personal account with T-Mobile, two iPhones and two iPads. When I try to activate my Apple Watch 3 it prompts me for the last four of my SSN then give me the following error.

--------------

This account or plan do not support adding a secondary device.

If you continue to receive this error, please contact T-Mobile Customer Care by calling 1-800-937-8997 or 611 from your mobile device.

Code 409

--------------

I called support with no resolution. This is NOT a business account with which I understand there is an activation problem. Can someone look at my account and fix why I cannot add a secondary device? Help.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Apple Watch 3 Activation Error

Hey, atomicdog! Thanks for posting, and sorry for the hiccup with the on-device activation for your Series 3. Are you still seeing this error message now? We pushed a fix last night that would allow many users to activate without issue, and created a workaround that our internal teams can use to resolve problems for other customers. According to the info we've got, the error message you're seeing corresponds to an account where an additional mobile internet line needs to be added by our customer service team in order to activate. We're not able to take a look from here, but if you'd prefer online assistance and you're active on social media, I highly recommend our T-Force team. They're active on FB or Twitter and in Message/DM have a method to securely verify your account and can definitely see what's going on! Please keep us updated!

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there. Just wanted to see if this was resolved. Please come back and let us know. Thanks!

• johncedwards

I have exactly the same issue with code 409.  Spent over an hour or more on the phone yesterday with customer service and tech support and nobody could do anything for me.  Bought my Apple Watch 3 LTE at Target and they claim there's nothing they can do yet.

This is so frustrating since it's been weeks since the watch released and still the systems don't work correctly.  Hopefully someone here can help me get my watch activated as well like atomicdog did.  @tmo_marissa @tmo_lauren

• tmo_marissa

Hey, johncedwards! We had another user experiencing this same error message, and Chris's reply on their thread sums it up perfectly. Can you take a look here: Anyone getting error 409 while activating cellular with Apple SW3? We'd need you to rreach out to our Care or T-Force team to review your account. Although we do know that international watches won't pair with an iPhone with a US SIM card, I don't see a reason why the fact that the device was purchased at Target would cause issues! Please ask our Care/T-Force team to review your account and reference internal DOC-436594 for error message 409! Thank you, hope we're able to clear this up for you ASAP.

- Marissa