REG99 Error Code on Wifi Calls

borntohula79@gmail.com

Today I began to receive the error code in the title while connected to wifi. It does not matter what wifi network I use and I know the issue does not lie with the wifi networks because the problem persists on multiple networks I have used for wifi calls for years without issue. I followed all troubleshooting tips to solve the problem including making sure my e911 address was correct, clearing the cache, factory reset, etc. Nothing has worked. T-mobile coverage is poor in my area and I rely on wifi calling for work. What do I need to do to fix this problem (on a galaxy s3)?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey, borntohula79! It looks like we've got a few customers reporting a similar issue right now -- can you take a look at this thread: Why has my Wifi calling suddenly stopped working ?

Kudos to you for all the troubleshooting steps you've taken on your own. At this point, we don't have a known issue listed, but can I ask if you've had a chance to work with our Care/Tech or T-Force teams regarding this problem? Sometimes when an emerging issue is starting, trouble tickets from multiple customers can alert our engineering team to a problem and are infinitely helpful in identifying a root cause and getting a fix in the works. Have you reached out previously, and do you have a ticket filed by any chance?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Oops! I'm so sorry, borntohula79 -- I spoke too soon. We are aware of an ongoing REG error calling issue primarily affecting older Samsung devices. The issue description i as follows:

Customers with older Samsung Devices may experience problems registering to WiFi Calling . Samsung S III is primary device affected

I wanted to correct myself ASAP and save you the time and trouble of reaching out! I'm going to update on that thread linked above as the master ticket's status changes, but for now please know that we're aware of it and working on a resolution!

- Marissa