LG M210 Aristo - USB debugging

wralford

I would like to watch Netflix on a bigger screen. Trying to watch it on a TV using a VGA or HDMI cable is like pulling teeth. The cables available will not fit. Also there is some stupid MRI or whatever capability that this phone doesn't have. So a search yielded "Mobizen Mirroring" as an option. So the app was installed on my PC and my phone.

But the app won't work, because USB debugging must be enabled. OK, so it is NOT under Settings>Developer Options, because there is no Developer options. The Support document [Developer options: LG Aristo ] says it can be found under the General tab. No it is not.

How can I watch Netflix on my PC w/o having to root the phone -- which never works anyway? I'm tired of squinting.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: LG M210 Aristo - USB debugging

Hey there! It sounds like you may need to enable developer options first on the phone to access the USB debugging setting. Check out these steps LG Aristo Developer Options/Mode - How to Enable

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hiya, wralford! Just wanted to touch base and see if you were able to get this working with the link Chris provided above. How are things going for you?

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Hey, just checking to see if you've looked at the suggestion Chris posted. Please let us know if that's helpful. Thanks!

• wralford

Yes, the USB debugging has been successfully enabled, but none of the apps [e.g. Vysor, AirDroid] that supposedly allow mirroring the phone screen to a PC work. Also there are no cables that allow the phone to be displayed on a PC or TV screen. Still watching Netflix on tiny screens -- and I don't want to burn up my Mobile Hotspot allowance on Netflix. Once it does get used up and slows down to whatever speed T-Mobile gives us, Netflix is unwatchable; too much lagging.

• tmo_mike_c

Thanks for that info. Are you seeing a screen share option within the phones internal settings or are you just seeing the option within the individual apps? Are you getting some kind of error when you try to use the apps?

• wralford

With both applications, the computer and phone recognize each other, but when selecting the Mirror option, it says that the devices are pairing, and stays that way without completing -- even when leaving the Mirroring screen active for hours. Vysor and AirDroid have forums where others have posted the same problem, and got no response. One thread is 2 years old. No response.

I have contacted several manufacturers who make cables, asking if they have one that will connect an Android phone to a HDMI or VGA TV port and got no response.

I guess I could get a big magnifying glass...