Written itemized statement is difficult to get.

mireya4499

Why is it so hard to get an itemized statement?  I am directed to go online, which I did and the only thing I see is what I'm being charged.  No balance and previous payments listed.  If you want a history of payments, you have to be on a prepaid program.  So?  I'm a paying customer.  How do you know if you keep paying for something that I already paid for?  Where do I go to get this...in writing????

All replies

• tidbits

define itemized?

You can get detailed billing by downloading the PDF of your bill

tap on Billing

tap on download bill(PDF)

tap on detailed bill

That'll show a break down of all your lines, and also what their usages were.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • mireya4499

An itemized statement should list all purchases, balance amount of purchases no matter the timeline.  A written itemized statement is preferred because you have proof of their error.  When I spoke to a rep, in India, he didn't understand what I needed and he said to go to my store.  Did that rep fulfill my request?  No.  I don't know if my rep at the store can get me balanced information.

• mireya4499

Thanks Tidbits but line usage is noir what I need.  Balance information is what I need.  All info on my accounts.

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. tidbits is correct, you can see all of this information by downloading the detailed version of your bills. On each bill you will be able to see your total charges as well as previous payments.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • mireya4499

I went to the store to get an itemized statement because I saw a jump in my monthly payment.  It turned out that the store failed to list my purchase of a case and an extra earphones as paid in full.  I usually received paper statements.  I could not read the statement online because the site kept kicking me off.

I found out that if you shop at a non-corporate store, you are at the mercy of the private owner of the store.  It's best to shop at a corporate store.  The gentleman at the store helped me considerably.  Please be aware that you must pay the exact amount of charges to date when making payment or they will apply late charges.

• mireya4499

The question is why is it difficult to get a WRITTEN statement.  I know that I can SEE one online but I was having difficulty in doing so!  I want a PAPER statement.  I tried to request one.  But people kept telling me I could see it online.  Customer Service didn't understand what I was talking about and finally said "go to the store."  That is poor service!

• tidbits

mireya4499 wrote:

The question is why is it difficult to get a WRITTEN statement. I know that I can SEE one online but I was having difficulty in doing so! I want a PAPER statement. I tried to request one. But people kept telling me I could see it online. Customer Service didn't understand what I was talking about and finally said "go to the store." That is poor service!

You can get the exact same thing online.  It's exactly as a paper statement would give you, and it goes back 18 months.  I have explained how to get it.  You pick detailed and it's exactly what you would get down to the exact minutes and data usage per line as well as their costs.  You can even print that statement up if you wanted to.  They are telling you because it would save you time if you got it right then and there vs. having them send you one, or you going down and  having them print you one. 

The store rep probably accessed your account and printed out the detailed billing you could have gotten yourself

• mireya4499

Tidbits,

Yes, I could have printed it out, yes I could see my bill details that you mentioned for which I thank you for your help.  But, I was having problems just bringing it up online.  Hence my post.  There was an ongoing error on my bill that have not been corrected.  One store rep said they could only go back 3 months for review.  I asked for a review for the past 6 months. I ask for a written statement only when there are discrepancies in my account.  When this happens, I can correct whatever discrepancy in person and hopefully solve the problem.  That's why I finally went to the store.  After reviewing my account, the error was found.  The store rep was extremely helpful and corrected my problem.  Could this happen online?  No.