Texting usin Alias Settings

magenta2721039

Can anyone tell me how to use Alias Settings in Advanced Messaging for the LG K20? TYIA!

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Texting usin Alias Settings

Hey there You can find the Alias settings by following these steps. Is there anything specific you are trying to do?

• magenta2721039

I know how to get to it. I'm trying to understand why & how it works. I've gone so far as to tap on Alias Settings in advanced messages. It takes me to my profile in contacts. I'm trying to figure out if I put an alias name 1st & it will prompt me to create an alias or what. Im having the hardest time in most apps on this phone because I either have to search & search on the place that gives info on apps & info regarding said apps or look for places like this for community help or download gobs & gobs of pdf's.

• tmo_chris

Ahh okay! Thanks for clarifying. To be honest, I have never messed with the Alias settings myself. Also, since this is more of a device specific feature, we have pretty limited documentation. I tried doing a bit of digging myself and still don't fully understand what it does haha. Typically, when I run into new features I haven't seen before, I will just dive right in and see what it does. Just remember to make a mental paper trail of what you are changing just in case it does something you don't want it to do so you can revert.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • magenta2721039

I apologize for not replying sooner. Having SO many issues with this phone I had to step away from everything with it except basics: making calls, chrome, Txting. I'm hoping to be able to upgrade in Dec so I can get away from LG completely. Just wanted to say TY for the assistance.

• madisonboehnke18

Why does it mean to message include alaisi? I'm still trying to figure that out.