Ringtone

magenta2410571

I have a brand new iPhone 7 that will not ring when a call comes in. It is set at high-volume and the ringtones have been selected  but it will not ring out loud. How do I get the phone to ring out loud? I would just set

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Ringtone

Hey there! Is it possible that the volume switch on the top left side of the phone and been switched to silent mode? If you look at it and can see red, it is in the silent position. This gets me all the time lol. Sometimes I accidentally flick the switch to silent taking off my phone case and wonder why my phone is not ringing anymore.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hi hi, magenta2410571! Just wanted to touch base and see if that silent button had created this funny surprise for you, or if you're still having trouble. If it was just the button, no worries -- we've all been there! But if there's something still going wrong, we'd definitely like to help. Please let us know how you're doing!

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Chris brought up a really great suggestion. Have you checked out his response to see if that helped? Come on back and let us know if still need help. Thanks!

• tmo_amanda

Happy Wednesday, magenta2410571!

I'm hoping by now you were able to get the issue with the sound on your iPhone fixed. Since someone else noted they're having the same issue as you, I'm unable to mark this conversation as "assumed resolved". Due to that, I'm going to mark Chris' answer as correct. If for some reason you're still having this issue, please reply back on this thread,we'll unmark it, and continue troubleshooting.