Another Switch 2 T-Mobile scam?

ezn2726387

I submitted my reimbursement request on June 5th and I was told that It may take 8 weeks. Now it is almost 15 weeks but I have not received anything. Last week, I visited their website to check the status and found out the status as processing error.It also gave me an option to click to "Start where I left off" and when clicked, it gave me a message that someone will call my cell phone number soon. I have not received any calls, I have been clicking on the button almost everyday since last week but still have not got a call. I call their number 1-888-390-6867 on Switch2tmobile.com and nobody picked up after being on the phone for over an hour. I called the customer service from my phone using 611 and the person did all kind of research for a long time and then transferred me to the rebate center where nobody picked up my phone after listening to the music for an hour. So, here I am trying to get an answer. I switched my line from Verizon and I already made the payment to Verizon for their phone. If I had known I would never switched the phone from Verizon. I have been a customer with T-Mobile for a long time and this is what I get for being a valued customer.

It is important to mention that I went to T-Mobile store to submit the request. One of the T-Mobile associates help me to submit the request for me. I am not sure why there is a processing error.

Below is the message I get when I click on the option and I am still waiting for a phone call to help me with it:

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Another Switch 2 T-Mobile scam?

Hi, ezn2726387, and thank you for taking the time to post about this issue! 15 weeks is definitely much longer than we envision for Carrier Freedom reimbursement, let alone review! It sounds like you've put forth quite a bit of effort trying to get to the bottom of this -- when you spoke with us and we researched your submission, were we able to provide you with any information before transferring you to the Carrier Freedom team? I understand that this pop-up clearly states that you'll be getting a call from us, and I am so sorry you're still waiting for that contact. When you dialed the Carrier Freedom team directly, do you recall which prompts you followed to attempt to get to an agent?
        We definitely want to see what we can do to help out here, and collect a little more detailed feedback from you if you don't mind. I'm going to send a private message your way, which you can review in your inbox in just a few moments. Thank you so much!

- Marissa

• ezn2726387

Re: Another Switch 2 T-Mobile scam?

I called 1-888-380-6867 on Sept 21 and was on hold for 12 mins before I hung up. On Sept 25, I called 611 from my phone and they transferred me to Rebate Center where I spent about 31 mins. When I check the status from Switch2tmobile.com, it says processing error and gives me link to complete the process but when I click on the link, it says that someone will call my cell to walk me through to complete the process. I have tried for many days but no phone calls. The website also gives an option to setup a call back on a certain date and time range. I have setup the call back 2 or 3 times but never got a call back. It is frustrating.I have paid Verizon over $500 for their iPhone to avoid collection and credit report entry. I hope you can help me to get this resolved.

• tutortim@optonline.net

Terrible Service and False advertising from T Mobile.  I have not been able to obtain my $151.88 payoff amount for my old phone.  When I call customer service they give me telephone numbers for the reimbursement card area.  Guess what!  No one answers the phone at the numbers given.  Total false advertising and a scam!

• tmo_marissa

Ouch, tutortim, that's no good! Can I ask what number(s) you're dialing? Are you referring to a toll free number and prompts to get to an agent?
                We'd like to collect more examples of these calls, so I'm going to send a PM your way as well -- please take a peek at your inbox when you have a moment. Thank you so much!

- Marissa

• tutortim@optonline.net

You guys know what numbers are used for your reimbursement area.  You

are simply playing games so that people can't collect the reimbursement

for their old phone.  False advertising!

• tmo_marissa

tutortim, I can tell you're frustrated, and I promise you I'm not asking with any intention of playing games. I wanted to double check the number you used as your post confused me a little -- you mentioned numbers plural, but we have one number for the reimbursement team, so I'm concerned that we may have provided you with an incorrect number. There are also four separate prompts that must be entered to reach an agent, so I wanted to make sure we'd provided the correct information in that regard as well.
                        The Carrier Freedom team's hours are 5 AM - 12:30 AM PT, and their toll free number is listed on the switch site, and mentioned in the original post here -- it's 1-888-390-6867. To reach an agent, you'd select your language after the initial prompt, then press three, then one, then one through the remaining prompts.

If this is what you've been dialing and you're having trouble getting through, we definitely would appreciate any details you can provide so that we can forward specifics along with the feedback, because right now we don't have any notice that their wait time should be significant. I've sent a PM your way with the request -- since this is a public user forum, we'd prefer not to have your phone number posted on the thread! Thanks.

- Marissa