T-Mobile LG Stylo 2 Plus Battery

magenta2690824

The battery that came with the phone displays % properly at all times however it does not hold a charge. We purchased a new Duracell replacement battery and it shows 50% after a full nights charge. We replaced the battery again and same result. We purchased 2 phones at the same time and both phones do the same thing. The battery store has a LG Stylo 2 plus but from MetroPCS and the battery reads above 50%. So we replaced both phones through warranty only to see the same result. I have no idea what to do next. Ideas?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: T-Mobile LG Stylo 2 Plus Battery

Whoa, magenta2690824, that's super strange! Are you still using the replacement batteries you purchased, or did the new replacement devices come with their own batteries? Are you using the charger that came with the phone, and have you tested other chargers/cables/outlets? This seems really odd!

- Marissa

• magenta2690824

It is so strange tmo_marissa no one can figure it out! The phones T-Mobile gave us under warrant did not come with replacement batteries. We have one phone with the original LG battery (reads above 50% when used in either phone) and an expensive Duracell replacement battery in the other phone (doesn’t read past 50%). We are you using the charger that came with the phone and have tested other chargers/cables/outlets. I’m at a loss for what to do cause now the LG battery is starting to not hold a charge for as long as it did. I was hoping T-Mobile would help in this situation but thus far I’m only told they think it’s a bad battery and the situation is mine to figure out.

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta2690824,

I remember in my time in tech support we had seen these kinds of weird battery level issues. They were few and far between but one of the things that caused these false reading was a software glitch in the phones. I know you have had the phones replaced but it is still worth a shot to try and do a system cache wipe on the phones. It will not erase any of your personal information so there is no need to worry about that. Please let the phones run down to about 5% battery then give the steps I linked a try. After the wipe, plug the phones in and let them get a nice full charge and see what they display afterwards.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just wanted to check in and see if you'd had any luck after following the steps Chris provided above. How are things going for you?

- Marissa

• magenta2690824

There is no change after doing what has been recomended. The LG battery charges to 100% and discharges to between 20 to 30% and shuts down. The replacement Duracell battery purchased at Batteries and Bulbs for $40 charges to 50% and stays 50% till shuts down (sometimes shows less). I’m very disappointed since I have two phones that have batteries that don’t work normally and out the cost of the replacement battery. The battery store and T-Mobile has no resolutions.

• tmo_marissa

Ouch, that's a disappointing update. When did you purchase the LG devices? We honor a limited warranty on accessories, so if you're still within that timeframe, did we look at sending a replacement LG battery? Or did we skip straight to replacing the phones because the battery warranty had already expired?

- Marissa

• magenta2690824

5 months after we purchased the phones batteries started to fail. The store said the batteries are not warrentied and so they told me to buy a new battery. After I bought 1 battery to see if that fixed it, I went back to the store and they replaced both phones under warranty. The same issue continued and the store told me to return to the battery store cause it’s a battery issue. No resolution at the battery store. i do t think I’ve had the phones for 10 months at this time.