Issues with primary account holder

dongfangcan

Dear customer service,

I did a conversion from non-credit checking to regular post-paid account 3 days ago. Right now, I have a  3 lines in T-Mobile One account. I can make phone calls and use data. However, whenever I log in to my T-Mobile using my primary phone number (ending with 6185), the system always reminds me that I haven't "confirmed the primary account holder". But when I follow its instruction and input my SSN number and DOB, it always says "server error" and can't process my confirm request. I've tried a dozen times, it never worked. And because of that, I can't actually do anything with my T-Mobile since most features require primary account holder status, such as sign up with Netflix and add a line, etc.

Please take a look into this and let me know what's going on here.

BTW: I've called a few times your support, but none of them solved the issue. Most of them don't even understand what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Issues with primary account holder

Hey there!

Sorry you are having so many issues getting this set up, you should definitely be able to complete that online, and customer service should also be able to complete the request. I would suggest reaching out to T-Force! You can link them to this page so you don't have to explain the issue again!

-Lauren

• dongfangcan

Thanks Lauren.

I've contacted T-Force and they couldn't get it fixed for me. They've escalated and opened a Trouble Ticket #17435980 for me.

Here are some more information regarding this issue. Hopefully it can give you more ideas of what is happening.

1. The primary phone number should be the one ending with 6185. When I log in with this phone number on my T-Mobile account, I see this

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 10.30.56 PM.png

But when I click the "Confirm primary account holder" and input my last 4 digits of SSN and DOB, I see this

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 10.40.39 PM.png

I've tried a dozen times over the last 2 days, I got this every single time.

2. The weird thing is, I'm actually able to view and change my plan, which means it IS somehow a primary account, because I couldn't do this when I use the other 2 phone numbers to log in.

3. I'm even able to add "Fam Netflix" to my services and confirm and submit, 

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 10.43.13 PM.png

but when I tried to continue to sign up with Netflix (or click the link in the account home page "sign up with Netflix"), it shows this:

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 10.38.05 PM.png

• tmo_lauren

Oh man. I'm sorry to see it was a back end issue, the ticket should resolve it, but I know it's a pain to play the waiting game and spend so much time tracking down a resolution.

Please keep us updated, hopefully it will get resolved ASAP.

-Lauren

• tmo_marissa

Hey, there! Just wanted to check in here and see if you had any updates on your ticket and PAH verification situation! How are things going for you?

- Marissa

• tmo_lauren

Apologies again for the delays, I hope they are able to find a resolution for you soon!

-Lauren

• asherz88

Hey, just wondering if tmobile ever fixed this for you?  I'm having the exact same issue.  Anytime I tried to enter my ssn and birthday it would give me a server error message.  Now it just says that the info I entered doesn't match their records. I've been trying to add a PAH for about 3 months now.

• tmo_mike_c

Oh boy asherz88 , 3 months is a long time to be dealing with this. You're going to want to Contact Us and have our Tech Care folks file a Help Desk ticket for you. That'll get the right web team involved and get this resolved for you.

• lemzyo

I am having this same issue with setting up my number as a primary account holder. Was T-Mobile able to resolve this issue for you? It is driving me crazy because I can't do anything with my account or sign up to get the Netflix deal. This is what the website tells me after I enter the last 4 of my social and birth date. "My T-Mobile is currently unavailable while we work to improve the site for you. Please try again later."Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 7.31.58 PM.png

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there lemzyo  and thanks. My apologies that the site is giving you fits. I know there's been some changes going on and folks have been running into trouble using some of the services. What you'll want to do is Contact Us and have our Tech Care people file a Help Desk ticket for you so engineers can get to work on this. Thanks for coming here to tell us about this.

• oobeto

Seriously, there is a problem on the T-Mobile end. If they are asking for Primary account information, there should be a simple way for people to enter that information into their accounts. The fact that there are multiple people having issues is telling. We shouldn't all need to submit Tech tickets. It is a common problem. Why doesn't T-Mobile fix their website to allow us to enter our information and accept it!!!

• lemzyo

I have called T-Mobile twice and I have been told that something is wrong with the server and that I should give it a day to try it again. Both times I have done exactly as they said to no avail. I will call again to see if someone can fix it.

• asherz88

Thanks for the prompt response. I did call in today and got it fixed.

Thanks again.