T-Mobile Samsung BOGO

costep123

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8+ on the last day of the BOGO sale about 2 months ago. I was told id receive a rebate in the mail in 1 month (still have not received it) and now I get a call at work that my rebate was denied.

This is extremely frustrating as I was told by them that I would be receiving this and I pretty much only did this BOGO deal because of the promise I'd get the rebate.

Am I just supposed to be forced to pay off an extra phone now? Moving back to Sprint or AT&T is sounding pretty good right about now..

Anyone know how to resolve this?

All replies

• magenta2675289

Re: T-Mobile Samsung BOGO

Same here. I went through the whole process, signed all agreements, paid my down payments, and waited. After 5 weeks I called and was told my rebate was declined because I did not change my plan. I was never told I had to and why did they take my money and send me the phones if I was compliant at the time. Also no emails to let me know I was declined.

I have turned so any of my workmates away from Verizon and on to T Mobile, but now I am ready to leave if they do not make this right

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

We don't want to lose your business! I want to make sure you get the promotions you are eligible for. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please click the links in my signature so that our T-Force team can do a full review of your accounts and see what options are available.

• yassinshah

I guess I'm not the only one. When i saw the note8I guess I'm not the only one. When i saw the note8 bogo deal i told my dad that he should switch to t mobile. I called the customer service to add a line I paid the down payment I was told by the customer service I have to pay full amount for the 2nd device since I already have like 4 lines on EIP. I paid like 1k on my credit card. I asked her will I get the rebate. I was told yes. I submitted the claim on September 12th. I was just checking the status. It ruined my night. It says DENIED it's already 3am and can't go to sleep because of this. I contracts the T force on Facebook and I was told oh just return one device and buy it again. That doesn't make sense do i have to add z line again and ur gona make me pay the restocking fee. I'm deployed overseas with the military. I won't be even able to return it.  But guess what once I'm out of here im going to switch back to sprint even if I lose money. bogo deal i told my dad that he should switch to t mobile. I called the customer service to add a line I paid the down payment I was told by the customer service I have to pay full amount for the 2nd device since I already have like 4 lines on EIP. I paid like 1k on my credit card. I asked her will I get the rebate. I was told yes. I submitted the claim on September 12th. I was just checking the status. It ruined my night. It's already 3am and can't go to sleep because of this. I contracts the T force on Facebook and I was told oh just return one device and buy it again. That doesn't make sense do i have to add z line again and ur gona make me pay the restocking fee. I'm deployed overseas with the military. I won't be even able to return it.  But guess what once I'm out of here im going to switch back to sprint even if I lose money.

• magenta2626231

I was checking the status of my BOGO Note 8 rebate today and it was denied. I purchase one phone on pre- order then the other when promotion started. I had to change plan and add a line. Now I am being told I only purchase one Note 8 when I bought 2 it is on my account and are paying for both phones and have an active extra line. I have a total of 7 line on T mobile. I am mad and frustrated after over 15 years I guess I will have explore and move to another carrier. I guess T Mobile is changing from Un carrier to UN Costumer service.

• nelfar212

Let me begin by stating I'm a customer like you and I DO NOT work for TMO.. alright I just purchased two note 8's and I have 8 lines of service. go to this link Https://suport.t-mobile.com/docs/doc-36341  it's spells out the requirement's. If you met the requirement's, then TMO will fix it. I'll say this the last rep who looked at my account was in shock at the measures they had take to fix the mistakes and honor their commitment to providing excellent service.  After all was said and I done, I'm one happy TMO customer

• gramps28

Dead link.

nelfar212 wrote

Let me begin by stating I'm a customer like you and I DO NOT work for TMO.. alright I just purchased two note 8's and I have 8 lines of service. go to this link Https://suport.t-mobile.com/docs/doc-36341 it's spells out the requirement's. If you met the requirement's, then TMO will fix it. I'll say this the last rep who looked at my account was in shock at the measures they had take to fix the mistakes and honor their commitment to providing excellent service. After all was said and I done, I'm one happy TMO customer

• nelfar212

The BOGO requirements are this.

1. Be on a qualifying simple choice plan or TMO ONE

2  Add an addition line of service

3. Purchase two devices ($210 dep x 2, plus taxes = $606, put both devices on EIP

4. Submit rebate.

If all of the above was done, call TMO and make sure they fix your account, I had an issue with the bogo, took me calling back several times. over the course of three days. It was a pain. All I will say, is this the rep I spoke to today was in shock when she saw my account. 

• costep123

*UPDATE*

I called T-Mobile to find out why last week. Turns out when I got the deal on the last day in store, they failed to let me know that my family plan needed to be upgraded. So I had to pay the extra money per month on the phone just because they failed to let me know.. I upgraded my plan and now I am just waiting on either a phone call telling me that I did not qualify again or waiting on a check to pay the phone off.

• nelfar212

Here's my advice, go back to the store and speak with the rep who sold you the phones, while you there call 611, and asked to speak to loyalty dept. Explain the issue to them that way they have the ability to speak with the rep on the phone.

EDIT: TMo_Chris - Removing personal information

• magenta3769737

I have been waiting for my rebate, no update on site, no information from customer service, nothing

• jcooper37

This bogo is a complete scam, this company is a complete scam. We had the same issue, they denied us for the 2 for 1 bogo & we didn't even want the second phone at first. We only got it because it was supposed to be free.

So when 8 weeks had passed and we were denied, I called customer service to figure out what was going. They basically said in was an information error on their end and that they needed to resubmit the bogo application. This time though, we arranged to get a call back from the same rep who set up the new application. So almost a month later the rep calls us back and tells us the bogo was approved this time & that we should be getting the refund card mailed out to us in the next few weeks.

Another two weeks pass by and no refund - so I went to double check the status of our bogo and it was still saying pending. Not approved like the rep had told us, but still pending.

When I called customer service back about it, they basically told me there was nothing they could do and we have to wait another month for the new bogo submission to either be approved or denied. So essentially they just keep submitting the bogo and make you "wait" foreeeevvvver, while nothing actually happens. It's been almost half a year and they keep telling us to wait... Yeah wait with an extremely costly phone bill.

As soon as our phones are paid off we're done with this awful, scamming, dishonest company.... DON'T ever get a bogo from them, in fact don't ever sign up for a contract with this company - run, run far away.....

• tmo_chris

I am very sorry you have had to go through so much for a phone you didn't intend on getting in the first place. Please know that we would be very sad to lose your business over this and we will make sure you get the rebate you qualify for! If you still have questions regarding your rebate, we have a dedicated team set up that will definitely be able to answer any questions you have. You can reach them at 1-877-311-8853

To reach a live rep, follow these steps.

Press 1 for English.

Press 2 for Terms & Conditions

Press 2 for General Instructions

Press 1 for Additional Assistance.

• magenta4063107

I am in the same boat.

• Back in September 2017 we went to a Tmobile store in El Dorado Hills, CA to upgrade my Note 4. We were told there was a BOGO offer.
                                  • We upgraded to Tmobile one plan, added a new number for the additional (free) note 8.
                                  • We paid the down payments, taxes. signed forms.
                                  • Store manager told us to wait for 2 to 5 weeks for the rebate card. Never told us to do anything.
                                  • We waited and waited until 6 weeks passed. Went back to the store.
                                  • Store Manager told us there was no problem and just to wait.
                                  • Back to the store on Jan 23, 2018. Store Manager told us to call 611.
                                  • We called 611 and found out that the BOGO rebate was denied because we didn't add a plan (but we did for the new phone). Customer care checked thru history and stated that yes we did qualify and that basically have to wait 10 to 15 days with a given tracking #.
                                  • After 24 days of checking the mail (no rebate card arrived), searched thru forums online and checked the status online and found out that we were denied because there was no phone # (it says)
                                  • Maaaan.. so today Feb 8 called up 611 again and agent ironed it out. Gave us a new tracking # - I will just have to check status in 2 weeks.

I think most of the problem is whoever sells these BOGO offers don't give any instructions how to redeem the rebates smoothly, causing it to lapse. Almost like fraud.

• magenta2992135

Also purchased two phones under the BOGO back in December for the Samsung Note 8's.  Since I trusted the person that sold me this, I went with what he said.  Paying for an active extra line right now, bought the two phones, and was denied the rebate.  The reason I am being told I was denied is because the new line does not have unlimited high speed data.  Our family has over 10 lines on the Simple Choice Plan.  The requirements read as follows:

Get a Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active, or Note8 on us (of equal or less value; $820 max value (different value for Costco Warehouse purchases)) by rebate when purchased on an equipment installment plan when you also buy another Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active, or Note8 on an equipment installment plan and activate or add on at least one new line on a T-Mobile ONE or select Simple Choice Unlimited with unlimited high-speed data plan.

• Promotional Window: November 17 - TBA
                                  • You must meet all these requirements during the promotional window:
                                    • Activate at least one new voice line per device purchase.
                                    • Purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active, or Note8 on an equipment installment plan.

Submit a request on the T-Mobile Rebates page (including IMEI entry) using promo code Q4MAGSAM17 within 30 days of second device purchase.

Went to go change my data services for the new line and it does not give the option of unlimited data.  I trusted TMobiles agent to do this correctly for me.  And now it seems that I am paying for 2 phones and not getting the BOGO.  I spent 2 hours on the phone today and talked with 7 people.  One Customer Care Agent sent me to a different person because he didn't know what promotion I was talking about.  Seriously?  Seems TMobile needs to train their agents better.  But yet it always comes down to the customer having to jump through hoops to get what they were promised in the first place. Very frustrated at the moment.  And of course, nothing seems to be documented correctly either.  I think if the agent sells you the phones, they should be responsible for making sure that you meet all the requirements.  I just didn't submit a rebate form for the heck of it JUST to see if I could qualify.  He got the sales, but I got the shaft.....