T-Mobile Samsung BOGO

costep123

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8+ on the last day of the BOGO sale about 2 months ago. I was told id receive a rebate in the mail in 1 month (still have not received it) and now I get a call at work that my rebate was denied.

This is extremely frustrating as I was told by them that I would be receiving this and I pretty much only did this BOGO deal because of the promise I'd get the rebate.

Am I just supposed to be forced to pay off an extra phone now? Moving back to Sprint or AT&T is sounding pretty good right about now..

Anyone know how to resolve this?

All replies

• magenta2675289

Re: T-Mobile Samsung BOGO

Same here. I went through the whole process, signed all agreements, paid my down payments, and waited. After 5 weeks I called and was told my rebate was declined because I did not change my plan. I was never told I had to and why did they take my money and send me the phones if I was compliant at the time. Also no emails to let me know I was declined.

I have turned so any of my workmates away from Verizon and on to T Mobile, but now I am ready to leave if they do not make this right

• tmo_chris

We don't want to lose your business! I want to make sure you get the promotions you are eligible for. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please click the links in my signature so that our T-Force team can do a full review of your accounts and see what options are available.

• yassinshah

I guess I'm not the only one. When i saw the note8I guess I'm not the only one. When i saw the note8 bogo deal i told my dad that he should switch to t mobile. I called the customer service to add a line I paid the down payment I was told by the customer service I have to pay full amount for the 2nd device since I already have like 4 lines on EIP. I paid like 1k on my credit card. I asked her will I get the rebate. I was told yes. I submitted the claim on September 12th. I was just checking the status. It ruined my night. It says DENIED it's already 3am and can't go to sleep because of this. I contracts the T force on Facebook and I was told oh just return one device and buy it again. That doesn't make sense do i have to add z line again and ur gona make me pay the restocking fee. I'm deployed overseas with the military. I won't be even able to return it.  But guess what once I'm out of here im going to switch back to sprint even if I lose money. bogo deal i told my dad that he should switch to t mobile. I called the customer service to add a line I paid the down payment I was told by the customer service I have to pay full amount for the 2nd device since I already have like 4 lines on EIP. I paid like 1k on my credit card. I asked her will I get the rebate. I was told yes. I submitted the claim on September 12th. I was just checking the status. It ruined my night. It's already 3am and can't go to sleep because of this. I contracts the T force on Facebook and I was told oh just return one device and buy it again. That doesn't make sense do i have to add z line again and ur gona make me pay the restocking fee. I'm deployed overseas with the military. I won't be even able to return it.  But guess what once I'm out of here im going to switch back to sprint even if I lose money.

• magenta2626231

I was checking the status of my BOGO Note 8 rebate today and it was denied. I purchase one phone on pre- order then the other when promotion started. I had to change plan and add a line. Now I am being told I only purchase one Note 8 when I bought 2 it is on my account and are paying for both phones and have an active extra line. I have a total of 7 line on T mobile. I am mad and frustrated after over 15 years I guess I will have explore and move to another carrier. I guess T Mobile is changing from Un carrier to UN Costumer service.

• nelfar212

Let me begin by stating I'm a customer like you and I DO NOT work for TMO.. alright I just purchased two note 8's and I have 8 lines of service. go to this link Https://suport.t-mobile.com/docs/doc-36341  it's spells out the requirement's. If you met the requirement's, then TMO will fix it. I'll say this the last rep who looked at my account was in shock at the measures they had take to fix the mistakes and honor their commitment to providing excellent service.  After all was said and I done, I'm one happy TMO customer

• gramps28

Dead link.

nelfar212 wrote

Let me begin by stating I'm a customer like you and I DO NOT work for TMO.. alright I just purchased two note 8's and I have 8 lines of service. go to this link Https://suport.t-mobile.com/docs/doc-36341 it's spells out the requirement's. If you met the requirement's, then TMO will fix it. I'll say this the last rep who looked at my account was in shock at the measures they had take to fix the mistakes and honor their commitment to providing excellent service. After all was said and I done, I'm one happy TMO customer

• nelfar212

The BOGO requirements are this.

1. Be on a qualifying simple choice plan or TMO ONE

2  Add an addition line of service

3. Purchase two devices ($210 dep x 2, plus taxes = $606, put both devices on EIP

4. Submit rebate.

If all of the above was done, call TMO and make sure they fix your account, I had an issue with the bogo, took me calling back several times. over the course of three days. It was a pain. All I will say, is this the rep I spoke to today was in shock when she saw my account. 

• costep123

*UPDATE*

I called T-Mobile to find out why last week. Turns out when I got the deal on the last day in store, they failed to let me know that my family plan needed to be upgraded. So I had to pay the extra money per month on the phone just because they failed to let me know.. I upgraded my plan and now I am just waiting on either a phone call telling me that I did not qualify again or waiting on a check to pay the phone off.

• nelfar212

Here's my advice, go back to the store and speak with the rep who sold you the phones, while you there call 611, and asked to speak to loyalty dept. Explain the issue to them that way they have the ability to speak with the rep on the phone. If you like you can email me at nelfar212000@yahoo.com and where I can get into the specifics about what they can do to fix. I won't get into the specifics on an open forum.